Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So they sent me Mobb Deep by itself when I had 4 others. And yes I just got one. Then swaps closed and Aretha made 5 unfulfilled. 3 of these album's are known to be in the warehouse (Stones, Blossom Dearie and replacement Brubeck).

Yet today I get a shipping notice for a single record, the Aretha ROTM. 🙄
I haven't gotten a shipping notice since October. haha. I only know when something is coming because of Informed Delivery. But the Charlie Brown record is being sent to my office so I can't access informed delivery here. Sucks.

Looks like the Still Woozy exclusive will go on sale Thursday. I'd never heard of him until about a month ago but apparently every single member of the VMP reddit is salivating at getting it.

Disclaimer: this is no slight on Still Woozy

In my experience on r/indieheads and other subs on reddit, it is mostly populated by teenagers and their excitement over some things is not really an indication of the Next Great Thing. They get amped over a lot of Flavor of the month type artists. So dont buy on hype alone is what im saying.

Ugh, email to CS time. After the migration, I checked my account and my address details were wrong (old address, I haven't lived there in months). I quickly changed it there knowing that shipments would go out shortly after and if I fixed it, there wouldn't be any problems.

Well, my package just went out, guess what address they shipped it to? Since they are so backed up, I'm guessing I won't get a response/fix until it's too late. I'm hoping to catch it in Informed Delivery, but then there is a charge for package intercept.
Update on this. My USPS tracking info updated, it's delivering to my actual address. VMP is still showing my old address so let's hope that is just an error on their side.

Fuck, I think I want all of these. I know I want Labi Siffre the sample that Dr. Dre took from the track “I Got The...” for “My Name Is” is dope AF but the rest of that album is fun too. I am not familiar with that specific Azymuth record but Some of their other albums are super funky. Not at all familiar with the Patterson Twins but the cover looks like it’s prolly right up my alley too. I know these will all probably be released by Mr. Bongo through other retailers too so I will have to weigh the price difference but I may bite in at least one or two of these.

Fuck, I think I want all of these. I know I want Labi Siffre the sample that Dr. Dre took from the track “I Got The...” for “My Name Is” is dope AF but the rest of that album is fun too. I am not familiar with that specific Azymuth record but Some of their other albums are super funky. Not at all familiar with the Patterson Twins but the cover looks like it’s prolly right up my alley too. I know these will all probably be released by Mr. Bongo through other retailers too so I will have to weigh the price difference but I may bite in at least one or two of these.
Labi Siffre:

Patterson Twins:

Marcos Valle:

Marcos Valle seems to be the rarest out of the bunch, followed by patterson twins, and then labi siffre being the most common.

I feel the same way but I'm going to wait and see if these make it to swaps. I feel like most of the Mr. Bongo records stick around for way longer than they should and if they sell out I'm sure I'll be able to grab the standard black copies at some point

Labi Siffre:

Patterson Twins:

Marcos Valle:

Marcos Valle seems to be the rarest out of the bunch, followed by patterson twins, and then labi siffre being the most common.
Likely even the ones that are currently “rare” this release points to a likely Mr. Bongo repress of all of theses in the very near future.

Labi Siffre:

Patterson Twins:

Marcos Valle:

LITA does a lot of Marcos Valle releases. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a black and an exclusive on that

Yeah, that's a lot of listening. I'll check it out. For me, at 13 minutes it would either need to be dirt cheap OR the most amazing thing I've heard in a long time.
Based on track one, I don't think it will be either. I see the appeal, but it's not igniting an instant fire for me. Cover art is killer though.

It's not the EP straight up, it's expanded. This pressing will actually be 27 1/2 minutes

Last edited:
Yeah I think Tidal Waves Music is the imprint that this is being release on I believe, which is a sub label of LITA. Fingers crossed because this release sounds so nice. Love Marcos Valle

Tidal Waves will definitely have a version. I'm probably going down to the LITA store today to buy the lady a mug. If I do, I'll see if Brad knows anything.

I’m recommending that everyone who is upset sends email to matt.fiedler@vinylmeplease.com. Maybe he’s so disconnected from reality he doesn’t know how bad it is. A flooded inbox should help.

The labels that they're sending people to return the Mobb Deep albums are for Saddle Creek, but it has that CFO Adam's address as the return address. Let me know if you want to mail him any xmas gifts.

Last edited:
Back