Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Seems like there is a Fatbeats, BullMoose, Balades Sonores, And HHV variants for this one. I initially pulled the trigger on the VMP one because of the THANKS2019 code, but found the others after seeing Tidal Waves Instagram. The Fat Beats one is limited to 100 and it’s by far my favorite. Blue and yellow splatter on clear! Marcos Valle & Azymuth - Fly Cruzeiro (LP - Fat Beats Exclusive - Clear Vinyl With Blue & Yellow Splatter)

It's worth noting that the Fat Beats exclusive is only 100 copies, $24 each, so neither the presssing# nor licensing fees justifies VMP charging $30. While I accept paying a higher price when fairly justified, It's disappointing to see the price-gouging laid bare here.

I just heard from them that a production delay on their Coltrane ‘A Love Supreme’ exclusive is holding up my order, which won’t ship until sometime in January.
Well that just sucks. I ordered like 14 things, would love to get the rest sooner. I already emailed requesting that, we'll see. Didn't know that was the reason.

Fuck, I think I want all of these. I know I want Labi Siffre the sample that Dr. Dre took from the track “I Got The...” for “My Name Is” is dope AF but the rest of that album is fun too. I am not familiar with that specific Azymuth record but Some of their other albums are super funky. Not at all familiar with the Patterson Twins but the cover looks like it’s prolly right up my alley too. I know these will all probably be released by Mr. Bongo through other retailers too so I will have to weigh the price difference but I may bite in at least one or two of these.
Wow what a coincidence!
Last night: I was trying to remember what his name was because I was looking to listen to “I Got The...” but never got around to looking it up.
Today: a remastered pressing of this album is announced. Looking forward to the Mr Bongo version to come out!

I just heard from them that a production delay on their Coltrane ‘A Love Supreme’ exclusive is holding up my order, which won’t ship until sometime in January.

That's weird since they sent me two of my five records at different times in single shipments. You would think they could send you a onesie or twosie.

You know who else does loads of exclusives? Urban Outfitters... That's where my copy of this album is from, on red or green vinyl. At least this is one that shouldn't be too hard to track down. @MikeyPD

I bought the green from Amazon for about 15 bucks. That was a year or two ago, but it always drops in price and it's easy to get. There are so many pressings of it at this point

"The over sold issue" has been going on forever. It was happening before they ever shut down the old forum

Im beginning to think you buy a record but they don't know what their inventory is so they sit on it until they figure out they never had it.

Or maybe they just needed some quick cash so they added all of those old "oops we found some records underneath the boiler at the warehouse" discs just to make some cash.

It's worth noting that the Fat Beats exclusive is only 100 copies, $24 each, so neither the presssing# nor licensing fees justifies VMP charging $30. While I accept paying a higher price when fairly justified, It's disappointing to see the price-gouging laid bare here.

It's the "Free" shipping that you're paying for on every individual record, even if multiple records ship together or you're not a member and paying for the shipping too. Hope that helps. Here's a one time use 10% off code

It's the "Free" shipping that you're paying for on every individual record, even if multiple records ship together or you're not a member and paying for the shipping too. Hope that helps. Here's a one time use 10% off code
I agree. The higher prices are due to shipping costs. Looks like they cannot afford to do free shipping anymore, and probably never could. So if you're not a member, buying an item with shipping will have you paying double shipping overall. The only appeal Vinyl Me, Please (currently for me) has are the limited pressing. In reality, the exclusives should be cheaper since if you already have a monthly box coming in, just stick it in that. Adding a record shouldn't be THAT much more.

Disclaimer: this is no slight on Still Woozy

In my experience on r/indieheads and other subs on reddit, it is mostly populated by teenagers and their excitement over some things is not really an indication of the Next Great Thing. They get amped over a lot of Flavor of the month type artists. So dont buy on hype alone is what im saying.
This is the truest comment I’ve read in a while lol. Remember when Reddit had people believing Superorganism was gonna become the biggest band in the world?

Vinyl Me, Please was great when I first started back in 2015 when Wilco A.M. was announced. They introduced me to great music, but this community has exponentially grown my desire to look for those artist myself rather than VMP telling me what I need. I mostly stuck around for swaps in the stores, and items I've wanted. Since 2015 (and this is my own personal likes) I have about maybe 5-7 ROTM that I actually have. I've resold the rest, they mostly just sat in my collection not being spun. The only recent ROTM I actually have are Loretta Lynn and expecting Aretha (both because my wife wanted them.

All in all,I'm done with VMP telling me what needs to be in my collection. I've been done for a while, swapping for what I really want. But their exclusivity is no longer as big as it was before.

Back