Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm sure this news will surprise no one...
View attachment 23088

Delay, Me Please continues...

This doesnt surprise me but I'm happy they delay are are delaying the drops instead of trying to push them through while the migration continues.

I think their only big mistake here was underestimating how long a migration takes place and either shutting down the website while it went on, or sending out an email to the customer base.
"Underpromise and Overdeliver" is a basic of a client-centric business but VMPs greatest strength is again its greatest weakness, its clearly run entirely by Music Lovers not Business Professionals.

Kind of insane that they expect customers to be ready at any time, by following them on Reddit (?), for a store drop. Makes no sense not to close the store and just delay till a specified time when the store is actually expected to be ready.
Exactly. Unless the pressing numbers are high for Grimes and Moses, they will sell out quickly. It isn’t the end of the world missing out but I still kind of want that Moses Sumney one at the very least.

Kind of insane that they expect customers to be ready at any time, by following them on Reddit (?), for a store drop. Makes no sense not to close the store and just delay till a specified time when the store is actually expected to be ready.
Well, that would mean they are thinking about customers first. Never forget that VMP in 2019 is a true "customer last" company in every aspect.
They don't care about informing anyone or doing anything as promised. They keep us on the hook by putting out just enough great stuff that inspires people to stick around to see what's next. But I feel they are wearing a lot of customers thin.

They said they will email as well FWIW once the store drop happens.

So, since I don’t keep up with VMP, but I got drawn into the thread by @Lee Newman, could someone explain to me what’s going on with Fiona? What’s supposed to drop? Just want to know so I can start looking elsewhere for it.
It appears that VMP’s “blue-balling” of Fiona fans/VMP members is reaching it’s conclusion. There is going to be drops of both When The Pawn and Idler Wheel in the very near future and we have been speculating the shit out of it since. Also, the web store was moved to a Shopify platform which VMP has been migrating for about a week while causing anxiety for many members.

So, since I don’t keep up with VMP, but I got drawn into the thread by @Lee Newman, could someone explain to me what’s going on with Fiona? What’s supposed to drop? Just want to know so I can start looking elsewhere for it.
I believe Idler Wheel will be released this Friday but potentially When The Pawn as well. Nothing has been formally announced but they have said there will be 3 related releases for Fiona and I believe the Tidal re-release is one of the three. There was already a leaked image on the new VMP site of Idler Wheel.

They said they will email as well FWIW once the store drop happens.
But when they set a precedent that store drops happen at, say, noon, and then email people at, say, 3:14pm, telling them that something is going live at 3:17, how are people supposed to prepare for that? Just so much easier to shut everything down during the transition and then announce things will go back to normal once it's finished.

Back