Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

But when they set a precedent that store drops happen at, say, noon, and then email people at, say, 3:14pm, telling them that something is going live at 3:17, how are people supposed to prepare for that? Just so much easier to shut everything down during the transition and then announce things will go back to normal once it's finished.

That would make too much sense.

It appears that VMP’s “blue-balling” of Fiona fans/VMP members is reaching it’s conclusion. There is going to be drops of both When The Pawn and Idler Wheel in the very near future and we have been speculating the shit out of it since. Also, the web store was moved to a Shopify platform which VMP has been migrating for about a week while causing anxiety for many members.
I believe Idler Wheel will be released this Friday but potentially When The Pawn as well. Nothing has been formally announced but they have said there will be 3 related releases for Fiona and I believe the Tidal re-release is one of the three. There was already a leaked image on the new VMP site of Idler Wheel.

I’ll start checking other sites in the coming weeks. Thanks y’all.

I’ll start checking other sites in the coming weeks. Thanks y’all.
I'm not entirely sure that it will be widely available (at least right away) to be honest. The photo that was on the site was black vinyl and says "first ever reissue". I don't think it will be super limited from VMP but Tidal also has not been re-released by anybody else yet as far as I know. The other VMP "exclusives" that have been re-released elsewhere have all been a color variant as far as I know and then were released as black variant.

Last edited:
But when they set a precedent that store drops happen at, say, noon, and then email people at, say, 3:14pm, telling them that something is going live at 3:17, how are people supposed to prepare for that? Just so much easier to shut everything down during the transition and then announce things will go back to normal once it's finished.
You are assuming they care about customers... they don't.

I'm not entirely sure that it will be widely available (at least right away) to be honest. The photo that was on the site was black vinyl and says "first ever reissue". I don't think it will be super limited from VMP but Tidal also has not been re-released by anybody else yet as far as I know.
I fully expect that to change once the new album is announced. I will be interested to see if a general release is still the 45rpm or if they do another master/cut of it.

Lastly, I just got an email about VMP. Once again, Delay Me, Please continues further.
First they said 14ish hours.
Today they said "maybe a store drop later today"
Email from 40 minutes ago about when my account will be updated says "All of your previous orders and any pending shipments should show here in the next day or two."

So maybe next week the store will be ready go live?

I fully expect that to change once the new album is announced. I will be interested to see if a general release is still the 45rpm or if they do another master/cut of it.
I wonder about this as well. And we will find out soon enough. But even with QOTSA, their version was still exclusive and different to the main variant. I still don't expect VMP to press a black variant of a record that will be widely available elsewhere anytime soon. Not to say that it will never get re-released, but I just doubt that this record will be out elsewhere other than maybe Fiona's personal store anytime soon.

Is anyone else having issues logging into the store, it keeps wanting to invite me when I put in my email address.
I've contacted support a few times but it hasn't exactly helped.
Any thoughts?
When I entered in my email address last night to log in, it sent me an email to reset/create a new password. The site still isn't fully functional (silly that the launched it and their poor CS staff will be wading through emails for weeks now I assume hah).

When I entered in my email address last night to log in, it sent me an email to reset/create a new password. The site still isn't fully functional (silly that the launched it and their poor CS staff will be wading through emails for weeks now I assume hah).
I never got that email, apparently it keeps trying to send it. I get other emails from VMP without issue.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the email address that it sent from?

The new website seems tough to navigate and find things on (I realize they are still working on it) and I can never get any useful information out of reddit. I am assuming no drops today?

The new website seems tough to navigate and find things on (I realize they are still working on it) and I can never get any useful information out of reddit. I am assuming no drops today?
They said they will email if any drops happen today and update on reddit. It's unsure if drops are still coming today or now. Last I heard was maybe around 3PM but Fiona isn't until Friday. Today is Grimes and Moses Sumney I believe.

I'm not entirely sure that it will be widely available (at least right away) to be honest. The photo that was on the site was black vinyl and says "first ever reissue". I don't think it will be super limited from VMP but Tidal also has not been re-released by anybody else yet as far as I know. The other VMP "exclusives" that have been re-released elsewhere have all been a color variant as far as I know and then were released as black variant.
Even if I have to pick it up on the secondary that’s cool. I just can’t give money to VMP directly.

info@vinylmeplease
It's so weird because I've received a number of emails from them since but for whatever reason, it's not sending me the emails.
I have a rule where the emails go straight to my inbox from them so that's really strange.
Thank you for getting back to me!

It's so weird because I've received a number of emails from them since but for whatever reason, it's not sending me the emails.
I have a rule where the emails go straight to my inbox from them so that's really strange.
Thank you for getting back to me!
No problem! They said stuff is still migrating over and I'm sure they are getting inundated with CS emails now. The store drop is looking like it will move to tomorrow for now says Storf on reddit.

Back