Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think that Dawes, shura, whitney, and neon brown are pretty 🔥, but I've already ordered two of them from other stores
Shura’s Forevher is a pretty good album but nothing amazing in my opinion. The two singles ‘religion’ and ‘the stage’ are sleek, sexy, fun songs though!

Whitney and Neon Brown interests me, as does Alex Cameron, but I haven’t heard their full albums yet. Alex Cameron’s upcoming album interests me the most!

Dawes isn’t my music style at all so I can’t judge on that. What I can say though is that the colour variant is boring 🙊

Shura’s Forevher is a pretty good album but nothing amazing in my opinion. The two singles ‘religion’ and ‘the stage’ are sleek, sexy, fun songs though!

Whitney and Neon Brown interests me, as does Alex Cameron, but I haven’t heard their full albums yet. Alex Cameron’s upcoming album interests me the most!

Dawes isn’t my music style at all so I can’t judge on that. What I can say though is that the colour variant is boring 🙊
Dawes and whitney are the two that I bought elsewhere. Dawes is absolutely my type of music, and I bought the red 2XLP variant on rough trade. 100% agree that the color is boring as hell.

Whitney is one I've been anticipating since announcement, and I bought the forest bark variant elsewhere. The gold VMP one is kinda meh

Do you already have The Roots’ “How I Got Over”? Isn’t there any other R&HH ROTM’s you want to swap for?

Fingers crossed The Roots ROTM is something special (if you like the album).
TBF No I don't have it and I do really like it so it's not the end of the world to keep it. I just hope it is something special because its readily available for a lot cheaper elsewhere

I defended the Big Thief UFOF price on here because I believe it was $27? Which was only a few bucks more than the 4AD price after shipping, for a little more exclusivity I got it. But the peach variant is a shade under $23 after shipping.....VMP has it for $30. A $7 upcharge for a $30 single LP. From the same band/label that put out a record mere months ago for about $3 cheaper on this site. Insanity.

**i do love that dark brown though. I’ll stick with the peach.

Hmmm.....my collection has gotten a little out of hand. I only had a vague idea what I wanted when I started it. The exciting beginning of collecting, discovering new sources of records, FOMO, and not having a more concrete idea of what I wanted from collecting has resulted in me spending a lot of money on stuff I never play.

But I learned some good lessons and I have a much firmer idea of what I want now! And I discovered that the worst part of FOMO is the fear itself. The reality of it is that I have usually been able to eventually find and acquire stuff I want even when it sells out quickly (like Fiona!). I'll still use VMP if they release something I need, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I initially miss it. There's plenty of other stuff I need in my collection that will be available.

Looking at the status of my subscription, it looks like all I have to do to cancel is just not re-sign up this month. I think I'll do that and save the $125 (3 months main sub plus two add-ons). Or more accurately, I will spend that $125 on records that I actually want in my collection rather than what some corporation wants to give me.

I am still going to actively participate in the N&G record of the month. I am team #noswap on that. The personal touches, the write-ups, learning about new-to-me styles, artists, genres, and histories, and getting to know you fine people better really make that a valuable experience. So, anyway, sorry for the long message here, I don't mean to spam a VMP forum with my "i'm not with it anymore," and so to make it somewhat relevant to the thread, I am swapping this month's VMP choices for....nothing (well, again, more accurately, I'm going to spend the money on some albums from 1967 and 1968, but whatever).

I am still going to actively participate in the N&G record of the month. I am team #noswap on that. The personal touches, the write-ups, learning about new-to-me styles, artists, genres, and histories, and getting to know you fine people better really make that a valuable experience.
Brace yourself for next month's pick. You won't want to swap this one ;)

Hmmm.....my collection has gotten a little out of hand. I only had a vague idea what I wanted when I started it. The exciting beginning of collecting, discovering new sources of records, FOMO, and not having a more concrete idea of what I wanted from collecting has resulted in me spending a lot of money on stuff I never play.

But I learned some good lessons and I have a much firmer idea of what I want now! And I discovered that the worst part of FOMO is the fear itself. The reality of it is that I have usually been able to eventually find and acquire stuff I want even when it sells out quickly (like Fiona!). I'll still use VMP if they release something I need, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I initially miss it. There's plenty of other stuff I need in my collection that will be available.

Looking at the status of my subscription, it looks like all I have to do to cancel is just not re-sign up this month. I think I'll do that and save the $125 (3 months main sub plus two add-ons). Or more accurately, I will spend that $125 on records that I actually want in my collection rather than what some corporation wants to give me.

I am still going to actively participate in the N&G record of the month. I am team #noswap on that. The personal touches, the write-ups, learning about new-to-me styles, artists, genres, and histories, and getting to know you fine people better really make that a valuable experience. So, anyway, sorry for the long message here, I don't mean to spam a VMP forum with my "i'm not with it anymore," and so to make it somewhat relevant to the thread, I am swapping this month's VMP choices for....nothing (well, again, more accurately, I'm going to spend the money on some albums from 1967 and 1968, but whatever).

You need to actually cancel, it will charge you automatically if you don't.

Back