Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Wait, WTF they have replacements of Comet is Coming?!
Here’s hoping The Comet is Coming will be restocked!

Sounds like they do, Pauly said he would get it sent over to me and they both show up on my order page now.

Just want to double up on @Murfocakes comment about Pauly. Real pleasure to chat to, didn’t try to downplay VMP’s mistakes, he was just really apologetic and agreed to sort it all out for me. Top guy from the communication I have had with him.

Sounds like they do, Pauly said he would get it sent over to me and they both show up on my order page now.

Just want to double up on @Murfocakes comment about Pauly. Real pleasure to chat to, didn’t try to downplay VMP’s mistakes, he was just really apologetic and agreed to sort it all out for me. Top guy from the communication I have had with him.

So did they have more copies for replacements or not?

It depends on who you get a CS response from. A shame for those who put their blood and sweat into providing such a good service for so long that this new direction is sending away customers in their droves.

Honestly, it's indirect too. We all see the responses you get. Add to that the constant flow of pressing and printing issues and I'm not talking about warps here. Although I haven't entirely quit, I'm down to 1-2 records a month mostly because I still like the Classics sub. I was receiving 5 on a slow month for a while.

So did they have more copies for replacements or not?
I dont want to speak for VMP, but it seems like they certainly had replacements as of yesterday as they have been added to my orders.

It depends on who you get a CS response from. A shame for those who put their blood and sweat into providing such a good service for so long that this new direction is sending away customers in their droves.

Its a weird one this as you would have thought they set up a standard response in terms of replacements and/or credits. Every time I email with an issue I attach a video of the issue, without fail Pauly will apologise, add a bit of insight as to what has happened to cause the issue, and offer a replacement (or credits if they have run out). With other VMP staff they have tried arguing that my set up might not be right, or that the warp isnt big enough to affect play (who are they trying to kid) etc. Very strange.

I dont want to speak for VMP, but it seems like they certainly had replacements as of yesterday as they have been added to my orders.

Its a weird one this as you would have thought they set up a standard response in terms of replacements and/or credits. Every time I email with an issue I attach a video of the issue, without fail Pauly will apologise, add a bit of insight as to what has happened to cause the issue, and offer a replacement (or credits if they have run out). With other VMP staff they have tried arguing that my set up might not be right, or that the warp isnt big enough to affect play (who are they trying to kid) etc. Very strange.
Strange that they hired new people that are in line with their new "customer last" philosophy? Seems to be par for the course unfortunately.
I feel bad for Pauly. He's probably bringing up regular issues to management and getting a combo of being blown off or lectures for being too generous with replacements/refunds. Aka punished for doing a good job. It would align with their latest business practices ☹

Last edited:
I’m really digging Common’s latest single “Show Me That You Love”. It sounds like a leftover track from Common’s ‘One Day It’ll All Make Sense’, but in the best way possible. Show Me That You Love is an exquisite, beautifully revealing track. The storytelling is great. I really enjoyed Common’s first single “HER Love” too!

I’m thinking this might actually be an unexpected great album from Common. Part of me thinks that VMP chose press Common’s Let Love because it is a great album!

I’m really looking forward to streaming the album this Friday when it comes out. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger but Common hasn’t made a great album in over 10 years, so I’m not going to risk it haha!

@Jmcg85 - Common’s new album is looking good! The third single is just as good as the first single. Looks like you made the right decision! 😊

Last edited:
I’m really digging Common’s latest single “Show Me That You Love”. It sounds like a leftover track from Common’s ‘One Day It’ll All Make Sense’, but in the best way possible. Show Me That You Love is an exquisite, beautifully revealing track. The storytelling is great. I really enjoyed Common’s first single “HER Love” too!

I’m thinking this might actually be an unexpected great album from Common. Part of me thinks that VMP chose to do a limited press this of Common’s Let Love because it is a great album!

I’m really looking forward to streaming the album this Friday when it comes out. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger but Common hasn’t made a great album in over 10 years, so I’m not going to risk it haha!

@Jmcg85 - Common’s new album is looking good! The third single is just as good as the first single. Looks like you made the right decision! 😊
He is due a good release. I'm showing good faith in him and VMP releasing this. Let's see what happens 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Good luck today everyone. May the swap gods be forever in your favors!
I’m going to bed now but I hope everyone on here gets surprised by the Swaptions! Hope they put Mariah Carey and Lil Kim for everyone to grab! I also hope Knxwledge’s Hud Dreems shows up for those who regret not grabbing the album too!

Goodnight Needles and Grooves! ♥️😴

Back