Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

To be fair, this isn't VMP's fault.
Vagabon was quoting somebody else's work for her album title and a line or two of lyrics and they apparently did not appreciate the gesture. Out of respect, Vagabon decided to make the alterations.
Unfortunately, that doesn't help those of us here who ordered the album. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Vagabon's company and VMP now have a whole mess of unusable albums to destroy.
There were quality issues (muffled sound) with the first pressing of her first album too. They ended up having to pull all copies from stores and do a new pressing.

Seems she has some bad luck.

just to let y'all know, the dawes-north hills red 2XLP reissue is available for $20 on rough trade, which is the best price I've seen it at:

if you were interested in the VMP edition at all, I feel this would be a better purchase, especially at a better price and cooler color.

People still get SirusXM?
Also, Day For Night is getting reissued on silver vinyl and half speed mastered black vinyl. It's on sale on Amazon for dirt cheap (at least on the Canada site). Highly recommend picking this up. All the latest Tragically Hip pressings have been very nice

I have both the OG and the last remaster reissue, so I think I may only grab the half speed. The completist in me wants all four, but my practical side seems to be drawing the line

I think you'd have to email VMP support and ask for a cancellation of the order

Knew this was the case, but it baffles me a bit that, with all the changes they've made the orders and account pages on the store, that they didn't add options to cancel pending orders. It would take a little bit of load off of their customer support not to have to deal with that. I imagine it's probably to discourage people from cancelling orders, but most people will contact support if they really want to cancel an order anyways.

I have both the OG and the last remaster reissue, so I think I may only grab the half speed. The completist in me wants all four, but my practical side seems to be drawing the line

Is the silver not half-speed as well? I'm curious how half-speed mastering would affect this album. Half-speed mastering tends to reduce the low end and add definition to the high end. I mostly noticed it on the Police box I picked-up (I had an OG Outlandos d'Amour to A/B with), though I still like the result in that case. The bass was not as deep but still very well defined.

Anyway, I'll most likely pick that up. One of my favorite Hip LPs.

Just a heads up, as some of you know I had some really weird noises on side 2 of Joel Ross and a bad warp to the Comet Is Coming. I emailed CS and Pauly got back to me to confirm he has sent out replacements for both, which is great. So if anyone does have issues with either of these then just send them a video and hopefully they will be able to sort out a replacement.

Just a heads up, as some of you know I had some really weird noises on side 2 of Joel Ross and a bad warp to the Comet Is Coming. I emailed CS and Pauly got back to me to confirm he has sent out replacements for both, which is great. So if anyone does have issues with either of these then just send them a video and hopefully they will be able to sort out a replacement.
Wait, WTF they have replacements of Comet is Coming?!

Dark brown is probably the most hideous vinyl colour. Why do they use it so much?

Pure speculation but maybe it’s the cheapest colour because it’s hideous and they can sell it for more because it’s a colour. At this stage I’m pretty sure all they give a fuck about is money...

Either that or they really love chocolate...

Here’s hoping The Comet is Coming will be restocked!

Back