Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Just got Busta Rhymes The Coming on the table and man I didn't realize it was the full deluxe package on this one. I was expecting thin board single pocket jacket like a lot of the store exclusives but this is like the full ROTM treatment. Thick stock gatefold with the foil printing etc. Absolutely killer design on the vinyl, poly sleeves. The hell?

Well that's fucking exciting!!

I have referrals that aren’t even showing up as accepted. Contacted them but not sorted yet. So quite a bit of credit floating in hyperspace atm
And here I can't get anyone to use my link. One did and it said it wasn't valid. I don't know why. Emailed and they just said that back to me again. Very weird.

Thats such bullshit that it's not valid! I mean, he joined. He's even bought stuff in addition to his membership. I'm pissed on your behalf!
Yeah, I don't get it. It listed it for a couple weeks, then changed to invalid. I couldn't get a solid answer from them. I think it's just a mistake on their end and the person I exchanged emails with probably didn't know what to do and just figured whatever. It's annoying, but I'm not too pissed about it anymore. So long as he got the discount, I'm not stressing over it anymore.

Yeah, I don't get it. It listed it for a couple weeks, then changed to invalid. I couldn't get a solid answer from them. I think it's just a mistake on their end and the person I exchanged emails with probably didn't know what to do and just figured whatever. It's annoying, but I'm not too pissed about it anymore. So long as he got the discount, I'm not stressing over it anymore.

Glad you're not stressing it, but you deserve your credits too!

Finally got around to putting a dent in my backlog today (about 30 records deep now), and you know what...?

VMP has been killing it lately. Credit where credit is due. Like noticeable difference in sound and packaging. Tito Puente, Lupe and Chalino are all highlights of this particular listening session. As @Mather said earlier that Busta is also fantastic. Still got 3 more VMPs sitting around, but looking forward to spinning those later.

EDIT: And the best part, is every one so far has been clean. No noise whatsoever.

Last edited:
Finally got around to putting a dent in my backlog today (about 30 records deep now), and you know what...?

VMP has been killing it lately. Credit where credit is due. Like noticeable difference in sound and packaging. Tito Puente, Lupe and Chalino are all highlights of this particular listening session. As @Mather said earlier that Busta is also fantastic. Still got 3 more VMPs sitting around, but looking forward to spinning those later.

EDIT: And the best part, is every one so far has been clean. No noise whatsoever.
I had great fun going through my 8 bonus albums. No issues with any of them.
The sleeve on my STP that turned up yesterday looks likes it’s been dragged about by a tractor though. Given the state of the box it was shipped in I’m pretty sure that’s a Hermes special rather than VMP

My VMP shipment with my 8 bonus records has officially entered the ambiguous and frustrating state of “In transit to next facility” with no shipment date.

Anybody get one of these before and still have a package show up? I have other packages that shipped out later that are out for delivery today, this one was scheduled for delivery on Monday 😬IMG_5077.png

My VMP shipment with my 8 bonus records has officially entered the ambiguous and frustrating state of “In transit to next facility” with no shipment date.

Anybody get one of these before and still have a package show up? I have other packages that shipped out later that are out for delivery today, this one was scheduled for delivery on Monday 😬View attachment 188353
It happens to me quite a bit. Especially with WEA stuff from gnarleywood or wherever

Anybody get one of these before and still have a package show up? I have other packages that shipped out later that are out for delivery today, this one was scheduled for delivery on Monday 😬View attachment 188353
There’s also a rule with media mail that I’m pretty sure is still in place - since it’s discount rate shipping, it’s sorted/loaded on to trucks last and sometimes there’s no room for it. Usually it comes into play during the holidays when there are a lot packages. I definitely see stuff sit in limbo statuses this time of year and think that’s usually why.

And then I see this....

Anyone know if this is the same deets as the VMP? Nothing on discogs yet, which suggests this was released today.

EDIT: Looks like once again I paid $10+CAD over normal retail price for a stamp and a specific colour. FML. Think it's pretty much the same as the VMP hitting stores, but not sure on the pressing location. Sonic Boom is overpriced too so could likely have gotten it for cheaper. Need to really calm down on the FOMO when it comes to VMP store drops.

Last edited:
Back