Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

JID_008_large.jpg

JID_00742354_large.jpg

JID_008_large.jpg

Sweet, this looks to confirm that they dropped PRP in favour of Pallas then for the rest of the series (which they did for 5-6). I had no end of issues with the first 4 (PRP) they released but no issues with 5-6 (Pallas).

Definitely want to cop these, but the pricing on average is the same at my local except in CAD and they assured me the last time I asked that they'd get them all in.

Got around to listening to Blakey's Chippin' In and it's quite nice! I know someone earlier said they had warp issues with multiple copies but fortunately for me mine was flat. Audio sounded good if a bit compressed... but that might be because it's probably digitally-sourced and my ears have been spoiled by all these AAA jazz reissues lately.

With this and Clipse's Hell Hath No Fury in my box this month, it's a strange, nostalgic reminder that once upon a time VMP records were consistently excellent in their quality.

Got around to listening to Blakey's Chippin' In and it's quite nice! I know someone earlier said they had warp issues with multiple copies but fortunately for me mine was flat. Audio sounded good if a bit compressed... but that might be because it's probably digitally-sourced and my ears have been spoiled by all these AAA jazz reissues lately.

With this and Clipse's Hell Hath No Fury in my box this month, it's a strange, nostalgic reminder that once upon a time VMP records were consistently excellent in their quality.
Still waiting on Chippin' In and HHNF which will probably come tomorrow or Friday at the latest. I just got the Tone Poet "The Witch Doctor" last week and I've already set the expectations that this will sound nowhere close, but happy to hear it at least sounds decent.

Definitely want to cop these, but the pricing on average is the same at my local except in CAD and they assured me the last time I asked that they'd get them all in.
I just realized AFTER I wrote this that they also said they'd get Dexter Gordon's "One Flight Up" Tone Poet that still hasn't materialized so they could just be dirty liars with women of ill repute for mothers. I managed to snag Kid A Mnesiac and Neil Young Carnegie Hall off them this week though so I'll forgive them for their transgressions.

Bloody hell, flat copies do exist then 😂. I’ve been through 3 copies until I finally got a semi-flat copy.

Don't all Big Thief albums sound like absolute shit on vinyl? $42 is ridic.
I have their first album (a newbury pressing) and it was done at Rainbo. I'd have to spin it again since I don't remember how it sounds. But I think their other albums seem to be a mixed bag. I know I have Adrianne Lenker's Songs and Instrumentals album and mine sounds incredible.

that price seems wild. it's under $25+ shipping at the 4AD store. i guess their shipping is more...
Yeah, it's a pretty crazy price. OUTRAGE!

(keeps checking my local for the 30th anniversary 2LP Achtung Baby which will most definitely sell for about $50 CAD).

EDIT: Seriously though...I don't WANT to pay that price, but it's the one U2 album I've been waiting for a re-release for. I wonder if it's going to come in over or under the $49 Adele that went up for sale at said local today.

Updating the whole "price of vinyl is too damn high" convo: while constantly refreshing my local's website to see if that aforementioned U2 album comes up...

The Weeknd greatest hits album.
2LP
Only one goddamn song off House of Balloons (irrelevant)

$60. Fucking. Goddamn. Canadian. Dollars.
I know it's basically a joke, but I think Adele may have ACTUALLY broke the vinyl market.

Back