Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It will really depend on how many @Mather needs to send back
giphy.gif

Sometimes, a man just needs to listen to a helium voiced dude theatrically wailing about unintelligible cosmic mysticism and sexing Cthulhu in Spanish while another dude just goes fucking ape on a guitar over dubs of cars crashing in reverse and children laughing.

And when a man needs to hear such things, a man turns to The Mars Motherfucking Volta.

Not heard Any Volta, was looking for an insightful description like this. Now I'm intrigued, I may have to stream an album at the weekend.

edit - obviously depending on my mood

Not heard Any Volta, was looking for an insightful description like this. Now I'm intrigued, I may have to stream an album at the weekend.

Glad to have helped, definitely stream DeLoused or Frances or MAYBE Bedlam if you want to hear the addition of John Frusciante on a second wailing guitar.

The thing I have found, even though I am a fan, is that their albums are DENSE. There is a LOT of information. I am actually surprised they released as much as they did in such a relatively short period of time.

Screw it. I bought Frances the Mute. With store credit it came out to $15.

I’m not a huge Mars Volta fan, but that album in particular has always stuck with me. Even after not having listened to it in almost a decade.
Frances The Mute is a spectacular album! I’m not a huge The Mars Volta either because I am still digesting their discography slowly, but Frances The Mute is such a flavourful, theatrically indulgent, progressive, ferocious, musically ambitious masterpiece! I freaking love that VMP introduced me to The Mars Volta! 🙏

The Mars Volta exclusives I’m getting are Frances The Mute and Amputechture! Those two albums are great but Frances The Mute is obviously the album I prefer more and I would honestly rate it a 10/10! 🎯

Also, interesting pricing. $27, $28 and $33. The Mitski will likely sell more, wonder if that factors into the $33 price point.

Singles? As in more than one??
Oh sorry, my bad. I just meant I wanted to hear whatever had been released so far before I pre-ordered. I haven't been keeping up to date with this one but really enjoy her previous albums and she was great live as well, so I assume I will like this one unless there is a drastic change.

Early store drop day?
On the Salvant album: you can get a Violet Purple version with a signed print from the Nonesuch store for $24 + shipping.

Back