Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oh man! The Meters’ Rejuvenation is probably their best album imo and one of the best funk albums ever. They didn’t make a less than good album through their first six though.

1) Rejuvenation
2) Look-Ka Py Py
3) Self Titled
4) Struttin
5) Fire On The Bayou
6) Cabbage Alley

I’ve never listened to Trick Bag or New Directions but they aren’t taking over any of the the six listed.

If only we could get AAA reissues of the Josie years… I would buy them so fast! I do have the self titled and Rejuvenation on vinyl and they’re both fantastic sounding albums. I’m assuming the Ryan Smith reissue will be fantastic as well.

It's their best album, and you do need it!
That’s exactly what I thought too - Rejuvenation is The Meters’ best album! It was the only Meters album I had on vinyl! Rejuvenation is a funky, groovy album with catchy melodies and had quite a modern R&B sound for a funk album of its time! It’s such an irresistibly delicious album! I love it so much and was shocked when @MikeH ranked the album 4th-5th best!!!

That’s exactly what I thought too - Rejuvenation is The Meters’ best album! It was the only Meters album I had on vinyl! Rejuvenation is a funky, groovy album with catchy melodies and had quite a modern R&B sound for a funk album of its time! It’s such an irresistibly delicious album! I love it so much and was shocked when @MikeH ranked the album 4th-5th best!!!
My rankings are pretty similar to @mitchwagz ’s except rejuvenation is shifted down past Struttin for me. I’d rather have Look-Ka Py Py, self-titled or Struttin get the AAA treatment since MOV already did rejuvenation.

My rankings are pretty similar to @mitchwagz ’s except rejuvenation is shifted down past Struttin for me. I’d rather have Look-Ka Py Py, self-titled or Struttin get the AAA treatment since MOV already did rejuvenation.
I have the Music on Vinyl pressing and it’s good, but the VMP Bill Withers’ +justments pressing which is AAA and remastered by Ryan Smith sounds much better in comparison! I’m so happy with how immaculate the VMP +justments pressing sounds!

I’m expecting it will be the same case upgrade wise with the VMP Rejuvenation pressing as it’s AAA and also remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound! I’m looking forward to upgrading an album I really love!

In general though when it comes to record collecting, I do like to upgrade albums I really love when a high quality reissue comes out! I’ve got the half-speed mastered, 25th Anniversary pressing of DJ Shadow’s Endtroducing… on the way to me and I can’t wait to hear how the pressing sounds in comparison to the one I have! I love Endtroducing… and to upgrade my current pressing is a joy to me!

I have the Music on Vinyl pressing and it’s good, but the VMP Bill Withers’ +justments pressing which is AAA and remastered by Ryan Smith sounds much better in comparison! I’m so happy with how immaculate the VMP +justments pressing sounds!

I’m expecting it will be the same case upgrade wise with the VMP Rejuvenation pressing as it’s AAA and also remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound! I’m looking forward to upgrading an album I really love!

In general though when it comes to record collecting, I do like to upgrade albums I really love when a high quality reissue comes out! I’ve got the half-speed mastered, 25th Anniversary pressing of DJ Shadow’s Endtroducing… on the way to me and I can’t wait to hear how the pressing sounds in comparison to the one I have! I love Endtroducing… and to upgrade my current pressing is a joy to me!
I do the whole upgrade thing as well but I try to sell or give my older copies to friends instead of having multiple copies. And usually if I like a pressing I have and it’s clean, I’m unlikely to go after an upgrade unless it’s an album I truly love. I have a copy of +Justments coming to me soon. I own the album already but it’s an older pressing and a bit scuffed up. My buddy just got a record player so I’ll give him the older copy!

I do the whole upgrade thing as well but I try to sell or give my older copies to friends instead of having multiple copies. And usually if I like a pressing I have and it’s clean, I’m unlikely to go after an upgrade unless it’s an album I truly love. I have a copy of +Justments coming to me soon. I own the album already but it’s an older pressing and a bit scuffed up. My buddy just got a record player so I’ll give him the older copy!
I’ll give away my MOV pressings away for both +justments and Rejuvenation! I didn’t destroy my MOV +justments (like I didn’t use the spin clean on it) and I’ll check Rejuvenation! But yes, both those pressings are at my parents house and when I meet a vinyl friend in person or know someone record collecting, I’ll give it to them as they are special albums!

Oh man! The Meters’ Rejuvenation is probably their best album imo and one of the best funk albums ever. They didn’t make a less than good album through their first six though.

1) Rejuvenation
2) Look-Ka Py Py
3) Self Titled
4) Struttin
5) Fire On The Bayou
6) Cabbage Alley

I’ve never listened to Trick Bag or New Directions but they aren’t taking over any of the the six listed.

If only we could get AAA reissues of the Josie years… I would buy them so fast! I do have the self titled and Rejuvenation on vinyl and they’re both fantastic sounding albums. I’m assuming the Ryan Smith reissue will be fantastic as well.
Don't forget this one... It's really really good, it's live from a "Venus and Mars" album party hosted by Paul and Linda McCartney on a boat in 1975. And VMP did it like 4 years ago...

Don't forget this one... It's really really good, it's live from a "Venus and Mars" album party hosted by Paul and Linda McCartney on a boat in 1975. And VMP did it like 4 years ago...
I actually remember this exclusive! But I was too focused mainly on hip-hop and R&B at the time! Like I remember being sad that I didn’t grab Mick Jenkins’ The Waters and Justin Timberlake’s FutureSex/LoveSounds at the time! 😂

I actually remember this exclusive! But I was too focused mainly on hip-hop and R&B at the time! Like I remember being sad that I didn’t grab Mick Jenkins’ The Waters and Justin Timberlake’s FutureSex/LoveSounds at the time! 😂
I actually purchased it but they oversold it so I got a refund instead.

I unfortunately sold that exclusive a couple years ago but yeah it’s a great album!

Back