Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Also seems like the mondo guys got fired, which is not a shock. Rob Jones posted about it on social media.
Wow. I thought I was joking when I brought them up.
I put them under the letter the number begins with (13th Floor Elevators go under "T") but I used to do it the other way a while ago (numerals before A). I changed because some number bands are spelled out in word (Nine Inch Nails, Four Tops, Five Iron Frenzy) while others use a number (13th Floor Elevators, 311) and where do you draw the line?
Absolutely not. I can sort this out for you. "13" and "thirteen" are different character sets used to represent a value. "13" isn't spelled "thirteen." It's a numerical representation of the value. "Thirteen" is an alphabetical representation of a value. It just so happens that numeric spellings and alphabetical spellings of values are also homophones when spoken aloud.

There you go: you can go back to an organizational method that makes sense again.

Absolutely not. I can sort this out for you. "13" and "thirteen" are different character sets used to represent a value. "13" isn't spelled "thirteen." It's a numerical representation of the value. "Thirteen" is an alphabetical representation of a value. It just so happens that numeric spellings and alphabetical spellings of values are also homophones when spoken aloud.

There you go: you can go back to an organizational method that makes sense again.
not shocked they were let go. trimming the fat with a new CEO and nothing really to show for the mondo guys working there. their big first project, Goonies, has just been stuck in limbo.

not shocked they were let go. trimming the fat with a new CEO and nothing really to show for the mondo guys working there. their big first project, Goonies, has just been stuck in limbo.
Still -- that's a whole other established brand with a loyal fan/customer base, so much so that it was actual news, the goodwill-generating kind, when they 'rescued' those guys after Mondo got shut down. It's not a complete surprise in the corporate sense, but still a bit of a jolt that they're essentially validating that the whole business model is a loser and they shouldn't have tried to save it to begin with.

Still -- that's a whole other established brand with a loyal fan/customer base, so much so that it was actual news, the goodwill-generating kind, when they 'rescued' those guys after Mondo got shut down. It's not a complete surprise in the corporate sense, but still a bit of a jolt that they're essentially validating that the whole business model is a loser and they shouldn't have tried to save it to begin with.
most of the mondo guys started another company that is pretty much mondo 2.0 right? i was pretty underwhelmed by the choices the mondo guys made so far tbh. seems like VMP maybe cut the cord early, but not shocked in the slightest given what those guys probably cost to retain without really making anything profitable yet.

No clue actually, I was aware of Mondo but never really followed any of it myself. Again, totally makes sense as a business decision, especially given the other house cleaning they were doing. Just somewhat unsavory IMO.

This is true, but I'm pretty sure 13th Floor Elevators is the only truly numerical band in my collection, felt dumb just having it before "A" and nothing else.....and to be fair, on the label of "The Psychedelic Sounds..." it spells the bands name out with words not numbers anyway.

This is true, but I'm pretty sure 13th Floor Elevators is the only truly numerical band in my collection, felt dumb just having it before "A" and nothing else.....and to be fair, on the label of "The Psychedelic Sounds..." it spells the bands name out with words not numbers anyway.
Just pretend that’s a different band.

I’m full of good ideas like this that serve no purpose. Be sure to like and subscribe!

Back