Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

We wanted to provide you with an update regarding your Strand of Oaks 'In Heaven' vinyl.

The color/effect of the record is a slightly different than what was originally advertised (see below):

View attachment 112311
in_heaven34805_2200x.jpg

Hey all, I've got ~$80 of Store credit due to a couple seam splits and a Swap for credit. So I have 2 questions:

1) Does CS still let you switch Store Credit to Membership credit when I'm up for renewal?

2) Any feedback on the quality of pressing of the following titles I'm considering:

Dead Boys - Young, Loud & Snotty
Bill Evans - Symbiosis
Joe Henderson - Mirror, Mirror
Sons of Kemet - Black to the Future
Jazz is Dead 4 (Azymuth)
Dadawah - Peace and Love

Hey all, I've got ~$80 of Store credit due to a couple seam splits and a Swap for credit. So I have 2 questions:

1) Does CS still let you switch Store Credit to Membership credit when I'm up for renewal?

2) Any feedback on the quality of pressing of the following titles I'm considering:

Bill Evans - Symbiosis
Jazz is Dead 4 (Azymuth)
Dadawah - Peace and Love

1) Yes, you need to send them an email saying you want them converted to membership credits, and they will automatically deduct when renewals come around.

Bill Evans - Symbiosis
Jazz is Dead 4 (Azymuth)
Dadawah - Peace and Love
I have the black Sons of Kemet and it's great. If the pressing is the same with a different color then you're good.

Bill Evans - Symbiosis
Jazz is Dead 4 (Azymuth)
I have the:
Bill Evans - Symbiosis

They all sound great. I prefer the Henderson over the Evans MPS, but thats more a personal preference. The Sons Of Kemet is one of my favourite albums of the year and this pressing sounds great to me.

I have the Jazz is Dead 4 (Azymuth) on its way to me but I literally only had shipped for it in the past 30mins. I would say that the first 3 that I had all had issues. Mega warped and one had a strange surface noise constantly. BUT VMP replaced each of them and the replacements do sound great. I think its pot luck with that series as to whether you get a good copy or not.

Bill Evans - Symbiosis
Jazz is Dead 4 (Azymuth)
Dadawah - Peace and Love
Sons of Kemet sounds good but it’s a shitty press. I have a 4th copy on the way…..

Mostly bad warps and off centre issues. No audible issues so far. I better find some wood to knock on.

Edit: I had a black copy from Amazon before the VMP came in and it was perfect.

I have the:
Bill Evans - Symbiosis

They all sound great. I prefer the Henderson over the Evans MPS, but thats more a personal preference. The Sons Of Kemet is one of my favourite albums of the year and this pressing sounds great to me.

I have the Jazz is Dead 4 (Azymuth) on its way to me but I literally only had shipped for it in the past 30mins. I would say that the first 3 that I had all had issues. Mega warped and one had a strange surface noise constantly. BUT VMP replaced each of them and the replacements do sound great. I think its pot luck with that series as to whether you get a good copy or not.
Also worth noting for @TCell that I think black pressings of those MPS titles also exist and should be somewhat widely available if that sways your thinking at all. I have the VMP of Mirror, Mirror ordered but they wouldn't bundle it with my ROTM for some reason even though I ordered it at the same exact time as Lee Morgan and they were both in stock...

My copy of DJO - Twenty Twenty was packed like shit so has a pretty good seam split on it. Disappointed. Emailed in.

Back