Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

To me VMP's problem is not their selections of exclusives, it's that most of them are overpriced.
This exactly; $30-34 for a single LP that’s just a colorful variant of an album you can get for $18-24 elsewhere is not that enticing. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Now if they were a true exclusive or remastered or anything to set them apart from the standard press I might be able to rationalize it.

(This is coming from the guy who bought the Comet Is Coming exclusive when the standard press is already perfect and I own it. 😂🤣)

This exactly; $30-34 for a single LP that’s just a colorful variant of an album you can get for $18-24 elsewhere is not that enticing. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Now if they were a true exclusive or remastered or anything to set them apart from the standard press I might be able to rationalize it.

(This is coming from the guy who bought the Comet Is Coming exclusive when the standard press is already perfect and I own it. 😂🤣)

I bought that as soon as it was available because the colour matches the album perfectly (at least in the mock up).
Also, saw them live, they do not disappoint!

I bought that as soon as it was available because the colour matches the album perfectly (at least in the mock up).
Also, saw them live, they do not disappoint!
Decided after I saw them live that I needed it.
Cancelled my Lukas Nelson preordered to pick it up, which only cost me $8 after the refund.

They are phenomenal live.
So.
Much.
Energy!

Decided after I saw them live that I needed it.
Cancelled my Lukas Nelson preordered to pick it up, which only cost me $8 after the refund.

They are phenomenal live.
So.
Much.
Energy!

Crazy thing was, they played for free in Winnipeg as part of the jazz festival here.
It was unreal to experience them in an small outdoor setting in the heart of downtown Winnipeg.
Makaya McCraven (with Joel Ross) played before them, it was a one two punch that I'll never forget.

Crazy thing was, they played for free in Winnipeg as part of the jazz festival here.
It was unreal to experience them in an small outdoor setting in the heart of downtown Winnipeg.
Makaya McCraven (with Joel Ross) played before them, it was a one two punch that I'll never forget.
Sounds amazing!
The venue I saw them in had a capacity of 350 and it was probably filled with around 150-200 folks Im guessing. Really hard to say as I was right in front of the stage and didn’t look back all that often.

Love the smaller more intimate shows.
Hope to experience them like that at least one more time.

To me VMP's problem is not their selections of exclusives, it's that most of them are overpriced.
Bingo. It used to be they were only a couple dollars more which I could understand. Now There's stuff that's say $22 everywhere else that VMP has for $30
Of course I can't directly quote this line anymore because, you know, NEW FORUM, but I'll never forget the promise behind it: "We want the VMP store to be a magical place where you can get the albums you really want at member pricing."

Of course I can't directly quote this line anymore because, you know, NEW FORUM, but I'll never forget the promise behind it: "We want the VMP store to be a magical place where you can get the albums you really want at member pricing."
It sounds like they're describing Secretly Society ;)

Maybe this has long been covered before, so sorry in advance if so. But, I just checked out the "magical place" to see what exclusives (and prices) they had these days, and I noticed that I can buy anything in store - including recent exclusives and all ROTMs (including this month's) - without being a member. I would have to pay $4.95 shipping, but that seems to be the only charge regardless of how many records I add.

So, is being a member of VMP literally just to save a $4.95 shipping charge now?

Maybe this has long been covered before, so sorry in advance if so. But, I just checked out the "magical place" to see what exclusives (and prices) they had these days, and I noticed that I can buy anything in store - including recent exclusives and all ROTMs (including this month's) - without being a member. I would have to pay $4.95 shipping, but that seems to be the only charge regardless of how many records I add.

So, is being a member of VMP literally just to save a $4.95 shipping charge now?
ROTM prices are jacked up in the store so it's cheaper with a subscription.

FOMO got the best of me and I picked up Grace Lightman - Silver Eater.
I've listened to it several times in a row on Apple Music and it's a fantastic album.
On prices, this one worked out to be the same price in Canada (with taxes) as VMP (converted in to Canuck Bucks) so I figured, why not get the silver version to match the artwork/story. I blame @Rahawk2 for his funny remark about this album which peaked my interest.

ROTM prices are jacked up in the store so it's cheaper with a subscription.

Ah, yeah, good point. Weren't they still members-only for some timeframe before, too? I supposed they just realized that no longer made sense considering they've been offloading backstock in various places.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to jump back in for a month if the Sleater-Kinney package seems cool. I suppose it would be if I can get back on my old month-to-month sub.

FOMO got the best of me and I picked up Grace Lightman - Silver Eater.
I've listened to it several times in a row on Apple Music and it's a fantastic album.
On prices, this one worked out to be the same price in Canada (with taxes) as VMP (converted in to Canuck Bucks) so I figured, why not get the silver version to match the artwork/story. I blame @Rahawk2 for his funny remark about this album which peaked my interest.

Gotta say, the tecno-pop genre is generally not my thing, but I am enjoying the album on spotify thus far. Pretty cool debut for sure. The jacket cover would pair well with the Faye Webster cover also, so there is that...

Back