Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Whew, got about four months worth of pre-orders all at once today:

-Promises
-Crumb
-Yusef Lateef
-Immanuel Wilkins

Plus Dorothy Ashby arrived separately.
My copy of Yusef Lateef’s Before Dawn finally arrived last week. With a backlog of rsd and other purchases to work through, tonight is my first chance to play it. And it sounds oh so good. It’s a nice flat pressing with some toe tapping playing the whole way through.

Pure speculation but I wonder if the reason we haven't heard a peep about a vinyl release for Charlotte Day Wilson's album (aside from CDW saying it's coming) is that it's slated to be an upcoming Essentials. It's been a while since VMP did a new release as the album of the month, and I think her debut would be a good pick.

The downside is we wouldn't get confirmation of that until late September at the earliest...

Wonderful album!!! Hopefully it sticks around cause I can’t swing it rn 😭

This is one of my favorite albums of the year, and since this is my last month as a VMP member after 5 years, I'm happy to peace out by making a rare exclusive purchase post jacked-up prices. This pressing also feels like an effort to keep me as a member, but I'm not taking the bait …

I can't wait to see Yasmin Williams live in November. Youtube her, it'll be well worth your time.

This is one of my favorite albums of the year, and since this is my last month as a VMP member after 5 years, I'm happy to peace out by making a rare exclusive purchase post jacked-up prices. This pressing also feels like an effort to keep me as a member, but I'm not taking the bait …

I can't wait to see Yasmin Williams live in November. Youtube her, it'll be well worth your time.

Yeah, this album is awesome. I was playing it the other day on a 7 hour drive through the middle of nowhere and my wife put down her book and said, "I like this a lot. Do you have the record at home?". That's about as close as I ever get to a "You should buy this." so I'll take it.

I am going to re-sub for Dolly next week, so I hope it lasts 'til then. (Uhh, so ignore my previous comments. It's terrible, you won't like it.)

New round of Throwback Thursday is up:

Not loading right for me. What's there?

Should it be “unsold stock Thursday” ?

Back