Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Another thing I think is happening with this VMP pricing is that with shipping to some places, they know the VMP version, while overpriced, sneaks in a lot of times JUST underneath the cost from a US retailer. Problem is that if you happen to live in the US then these store drop prices are passed on to you as well. There's a greater than zero percent chance that they have strategically priced these for maximum profit, while appealing to the global FOMO crowd wanting a fancy coloured variant of an album.

Shipping from the US is just ridiculous.
I think they are definitely pricing in the free international shipping in their prices. I know they have a huge international base, but that has had to be killer on the bottom line the last 12 months with increasing costs. Ideally they would ship only one box a month per customer, but I imagine their logistics are not good enough to have figured out how to do that.

I think they are definitely pricing in the free international shipping in their prices. I know they have a huge international base, but that has had to be killer on the bottom line the last 12 months with increasing costs. Ideally they would ship only one box a month per customer, but I imagine their logistics are not good enough to have figured out how to do that.
As an international, I definitely benefit from their free shipping. Typically US pricing tends to be cheaper than here in the UK, and a lot of the time they just price albums at the same figure without taking into account exchange rates - ie a $30 album in the US might be priced at £30 here. The vast majority of my VMP store purchases tend to be considerably cheaper than if I was to order from a store here in the UK, plus the 'exclusivity' ensures they usually retain their value a bit more.

In this case though it's just crazy pricing. $44 is around £32. I just had an email from Resident Records that prices the white Indie variant at £26.99 or £23.99 for the standard. Even with shipping (£3.80) they are both cheaper than VMP, plus I would get it quicker.

I spun mine last night and didn't hear anything concerning on my copy either. PHEW!

Side A was fine and now on to side B 🤞
Replacement copy is heading my way - glad to hear there is hope. I think I’ve been luckier than most over the years with VMP… only needed replacements a handful of times, and never a 2nd replacement. Guess we’ll see how this time plays out.

He seems to be on good terms with at least the sax player as they did an album together last year called Visions... although I wasn't a huge fan of it so maybe BBNG will remain just as strong with his absence.

Edit: Although maybe I was disappointed with Visions because the label hyped it up comparing it to Arthur Verocai... and it sounded NOTHING like Verocai. BBNG has no excuses with this new album though since they got the man himself to be on like two-thirds of it lol

So I keep seeing Arthur Verocai mentioned. I have 0 idea who that is.

Another thing I think is happening with this VMP pricing is that with shipping to some places, they know the VMP version, while overpriced, sneaks in a lot of times JUST underneath the cost from a US retailer. Problem is that if you happen to live in the US then these store drop prices are passed on to you as well. There's a greater than zero percent chance that they have strategically priced these for maximum profit, while appealing to the global FOMO crowd wanting a fancy coloured variant of an album.

Shipping from the US is just ridiculous.
Yup, when you live in the U.S. the prices on these store exclusives make no sense at all. It feels like you are paying for international shipping but they are making a killing by sending it media mail for $3. Other than the Wailers, I haven't bought a store exclusive in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of U.S. members is dropping out and the percentage of international members is growing.

I'm happy to report that I have no glaring issues with my copy of De-Loused 😃 No distortion on either sides, just some minor crackles here and there which I can honestly live with. My biggest issue is of cosmetic nature (dinged corner) but even then it doesn't warrant a replacement. Thank you vinyl Gods 🙏

A Verocai live album also came out in last month's RSD drop and is quite cheap on the after-market. Definitely recommended.

I am a little surprised VMP hasn't done his debut album as an Essentials or Exclusive at this point. Mr. Bongo has been putting out semi-regular reissues of it for a few years now (my copy is from 2016 and sounds great).

Verocai's been sampled quite a bit over the years. You'll recognize more than one MF DOOM Special Herb on this album.

scooped up the bandcamp version. think im gunna try and stay on the straight and narrow with vmp and their exclusives.

Replacement copy is heading my way - glad to hear there is hope. I think I’ve been luckier than most over the years with VMP… only needed replacements a handful of times, and never a 2nd replacement. Guess we’ll see how this time plays out.

You guys are getting replacement copies sent out before they send out my original.

My Classics ROTM shipped on July 2, without Freddie Hubbard. It is most likely the logistics brain trust shipping things separately.

just hopped on the Chat with Elli and got this response
"Hi there Jamie, we split store orders from ROTM orders this month, but any order queued to ship out this month will go out within the next 96 hours"
Well some how VMP actually almost nailed this to the minute. Got shipping notice 97.5hrs after being on chat with Elli

sorry for this question that may have been asked before:

I got the Volta and I don't plan on staying around. is it possible to pre order something before my sub expires and still remain in tact if the release date is in a few months?

Back