Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I haven't opened mine yet... but I need to see if mine is as cool looking.
So it sounds fantastic and the A-side is superb, but weirdly the B-side had quite a few pops. I'm hoping I just didn't clean it properly or something and will give it another go. I would be interested to hear how yours is once you listen though if that's cool?

Listened to the first single off this. I like BBNG but not sure this is going to be the one I would start my collection with (aside from their LNT which I have).

Fuck these guys…$44 if your a member ?😂😂

nice incentive to join their dumbasses
$20 cheaper directly from the label too. It's pure greed now and they're feeding off the reddit crowd snatching everything up. I vowed when I signed up again not to hit up their store drops and at these prices I wish new years resolutions were this easy.

EDIT: It seems though even reddit is balking at this one though. Maybe if they picked a fancier colour vinyl...

$20 cheaper directly from the label too. It's pure greed now and they're feeding off the reddit crowd snatching everything up. I vowed when I signed up again not to hit up their store drops and at these prices I wish new years resolutions were this easy.

EDIT: It seems though even reddit is balking at this one though. Maybe if they picked a fancier colour vinyl...
But they're passing up the privledge if buying the almighty VMP version!

Another thing I think is happening with this VMP pricing is that with shipping to some places, they know the VMP version, while overpriced, sneaks in a lot of times JUST underneath the cost from a US retailer. Problem is that if you happen to live in the US then these store drop prices are passed on to you as well. There's a greater than zero percent chance that they have strategically priced these for maximum profit, while appealing to the global FOMO crowd wanting a fancy coloured variant of an album.

Shipping from the US is just ridiculous.

Another thing I think is happening with this VMP pricing is that with shipping to some places, they know the VMP version, while overpriced, sneaks in a lot of times JUST underneath the cost from a US retailer. Problem is that if you happen to live in the US then these store drop prices are passed on to you as well. There's a greater than zero percent chance that they have strategically priced these for maximum profit, while appealing to the global FOMO crowd wanting a fancy coloured variant of an album.

Shipping from the US is just ridiculous.

And I imagine high replacement costs. I've gotten so many warped records lately that need to be replaced

I have a special appreciation for VMP, as they're who introduced me to BBNG in the first place. But yeah, $44 is way too much, even as a show of "brand loyalty" to them.

I bought the limited white version off Bandcamp. It was $33 after shipping and tax, and includes all the Bandcamp perks that come along with it. Maybe I might indulge in double-dipping when it shows up in a site clearance sale for $25 in a year or so because I can't imagine VMP is ever selling out of 1,500 copies at that price.

The lead single is solid but not mind-blowing, but I am really looking forward to pretty much the rest of the album since Arthur Verocai is all over it.

I have a special appreciation for VMP, as they're who introduced me to BBNG in the first place. But yeah, $44 is way too much, even as a show of "brand loyalty" to them.

I bought the limited white version off Bandcamp. It was $33 after shipping and tax, and includes all the Bandcamp perks that come along with it. Maybe I might indulge in double-dipping when it shows up in a site clearance sale for $25 in a year or so because I can't imagine VMP is ever selling out of 1,500 copies at that price.

The lead single is solid but not mind-blowing, but I am really looking forward to pretty much the rest of the album since Arthur Verocai is all over it.

I had the same thought, and went with the white version as well but from the labels site because it came with some extras. I'm a little worried since Matt isn't with the band but I'm optimistic. I'm not a musician but I feel like just because he's not there doesn't mean he didn't help out a little behind the scenes. Assuming he's still friends and all that with the rest of the band.

I had the same thought, and went with the white version as well but from the labels site because it came with some extras. I'm a little worried since Matt isn't with the band but I'm optimistic. I'm not a musician but I feel like just because he's not there doesn't mean he didn't help out a little behind the scenes. Assuming he's still friends and all that with the rest of the band.

He seems to be on good terms with at least the sax player as they did an album together last year called Visions... although I wasn't a huge fan of it so maybe BBNG will remain just as strong with his absence.

Edit: Although maybe I was disappointed with Visions because the label hyped it up comparing it to Arthur Verocai... and it sounded NOTHING like Verocai. BBNG has no excuses with this new album though since they got the man himself to be on like two-thirds of it lol

Back