Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I might be wrong but I think they have tried (big try!) to justify it in the past by saying the subscription is the fee and that the actual value of their store items is low. Completely ridiculous but perhaps that seems to fly.

There was a time a few years ago where there were rumours of them removing free international shipping and adding custom fees. I believe some people here in the UK even got charged customs for a while. In that case, I think I'm correct in saying VMP paid the fees when people sent emails to them. I remember stating I would cancel if I got hit with a fee but it never happened.

Nah! They have two options. Either register for VAT and charge in advance with shipping. Amazon US so that and it works really well for stuff that is silly priced or not available here and that they have in stock.

VMP are not a big enough business for that kind of outlay. I don’t blame them for not doing that. The subscription also wouldn’t fly with customs, if they opened it and enquired they’d divide the subscription price by 3, 6 or 12 and charge you VAT on that. They used to underdeclare at $1 a record. That was absolutely wrong but none of us cared to be fair. I have no idea what potential sanctions would be. I suppose it’s a form of fraud but I don’t know seriously that is monitered, policed or enforced.

Now they don’t declare at all and I think that before covid they’re small packages and slipped through and now postal services are just so swamped that customs is the last thing on their mind. I’ve had no customs charges at all on postal stuff in the last year.

Nah! They have two options. Either register for VAT and charge in advance with shipping. Amazon US so that and it works really well for stuff that is silly priced or not available here and that they have in stock.

VMP are not a big enough business for that kind of outlay. I don’t blame them for not doing that. The subscription also wouldn’t fly with customs, if they opened it and enquired they’d divide the subscription price by 3, 6 or 12 and charge you VAT on that. They used to underdeclare at $1 a record. That was absolutely wrong but none of us cared to be fair. I have no idea what potential sanctions would be. I suppose it’s a form of fraud but I don’t know seriously that is monitered, policed or enforced.

Now they don’t declare at all and I think that before covid they’re small packages and slipped through and now postal services are just so swamped that customs is the last thing on their mind. I’ve had no customs charges at all on postal stuff in the last year.
Yeah completely agree with you, just saying how I think they have tried justifying it before. Stupid for sure but that's down to them.

Nope. Guess I was in the wrong bucket. :(
Awwwww dammit! I know you would’ve loved to have received that 7” inch, as those two producers are very much up your alley! 😔

Like Kaytranada and Madlib seem to be very much the kinda music you’d love spinning too!

• Sad
Reactions: mgp
Ah man, I resubbed just for the chance to get the 7" and didn't receive an email (been an off and on member since 2017) 😞

Hopefully I'll be able to snag one on the aftermarket that isn't too expensive

Indeed they both are! But I had set my expectations low from the get-go so I’ll live.
Actually you know what! I’m going to ask Customer Service if they can give my 7” inch to you because I’ll only spin it once and I’m not much of a 7” inch guy! I don’t have any 7” inch discs on their own in my collection; only ones that are inside a 12” inch jacket because they are a bonus disc (Trout Mask Replica, TLC, Fugees etc)!

I prefer 10” inches and 12” inches more as they last longer and look better on the turntable! 🙊🙈

I’ll let you know what they say! I’ll tell Customer Service that someone from the Needles&Grooves forum really wants a copy and because I’m not a fan of 7” inches, that I’d like to give my copy to them! And I’ll let them know that you’re an active, current member too!

Actually you know what! I’m going to ask Customer Service if they can give my 7” inch to you because I’ll only spin it once and I’m not much of a 7” inch guy! I don’t have any 7” inch discs on their own in my collection; only ones that are inside a 12” inch jacket because they are a bonus disc (Trout Mask Replica, TLC, Fugees etc)!

I prefer 10” inches and 12” inches more as they last longer and look better on the turntable! 🙊🙈

I’ll let you know what they say! I’ll tell Customer Service that someone from the Needles&Grooves forum really wants a copy and because I’m not a fan of 7” inches, that I’d like to give my copy to them! And I’ll let them know that you’re an active, current member too!

That’s very thoughtful of you, Nathan, thanks for doing that. I doubt they’ll be able to micro-manage the shipment like that, but I appreciate this all the same. ❤️

That’s very thoughtful of you, Nathan, thanks for doing that. I doubt they’ll be able to micro-manage the shipment like that, but I appreciate this all the same. ❤️
My pleasure! I’ve sent through the email so fingers crossed they can do it! I mentioned you’re a member and are a huge Kaytranada and Madlib fan, so hopefully they are keen to do it! And it’s the Easter long weekend as well, so hopefully an upcoming feel good holiday works in our favour! 🙏

DOOOOOOOOOOMED

But the good stuff will sound INCREDIBLE. Its worth it for that. But man you gotta be careful what pressings you buy. I'M LOOKING AT YOU VAULT BOX 47 YOU UTTER PIECE OF TRASH

Wait, wut? What's wrong with Vault 47 except its becoming the Jack white only vault?

And how did you get yours already? and can I cancel the apparent steaming sh!t pile that is headed my way?

Back