Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Hopefully this will be like last year's Shabaka and the Ancestors exclusive and stick around for a while before making it to swaps because sheesh at that price.
They’re gutting the flippers, so like... cool I guess. If a release on wax is something you were gonna spend $33 on to enjoy (not to flip) then you’ll probably be OK paying $43 on it too.

Hopefully this will be like last year's Shabaka and the Ancestors exclusive and stick around for a while before making it to swaps because sheesh at that price.
Did that ever make it to swaps? I know they held out for a long time. I lucked out and they gave it to me as an apology for forgetting to ever send me my rotm.

Man that VAT kills you guys. Weird that I can get it cheaper from the UK than you.
It's completely mad. This isn't the best example because I imagine there are a few sites/shops that have it cheaper with shipping, but the average is about the same from what I have seen.

The majority of VMP releases come out at cheaper than here in the UK (free shipping helps), it really is messed up.

Considering Verve pressings tend to be garbage, and both Shabaka And The Ancestors and Sons Of Kemet last album were horribly pressed, as much as I want this album there's no way I'm paying that much for it, especially from a pretty much unknown pressing plant whose reviews on Discogs are not exactly good.

The upward creep continues. $38... $40... $42

Maybe they're basing prices on what third party flippers are getting.
People keep posting the links to the reddit vinyl releases sub and with the more popular releases FOMO kicks in and drives the sales up. It's not just about members now, these are being released into the wild for people with the money to snag. I'm at the point where I'm going to see what comes up in the April represses and then bounce when my sub ends. These store drops are too damn much.

Considering Verve pressings tend to be garbage, and both Shabaka And The Ancestors and Sons Of Kemet last album were horribly pressed, as much as I want this album there's no way I'm paying that much for it, especially from a pretty much unknown pressing plant whose reviews on Discogs are not exactly good.
Any details on the pressing info for the standard and orange versions that I may have missed?

Hang on, is Electric Mastering the same as the Electric Recording Company?

Edit: It is. These are the guys that sell records for £300+. Their 7lp Mozart set retailed at £2,500 and sold out...madness

Any details on the pressing info for the standard and orange versions that I may have missed?
I just saw Furnace Pressing for the VMP, I didn't look up the others. But Furnace hasn't done much over the years and I could only find a few reviews, half of which were very bad.

Hang on, is Electric Mastering the same as the Electric Recording Company?
I don't believe so. I've seen Electric Mastering on a lot of records over the past while I believe. But don't quote me on that.

I just saw Furnace Pressing for the VMP, I didn't look up the others. But Furnace hasn't done much over the years and I could only find a few reviews, half of which were very bad.

I don't believe so. I've seen Electric Mastering on a lot of records over the past while I believe. But don't quote me on that.
Looks like it is the same company. That in no way is me saying its good or not, just not something I have seen before.

Looks like it is the same company. That in no way is me saying its good or not, just not something I have seen before.

Interesting, they have done a lot of stuff over the past while. Including the Ancestors previous album. And Black Country New Road, which really... Isn't great on vinyl. But even so I'm more concerned about the pressing plant. I got burned going in blind on that new TMR Vault Box, and then United fucking pressed it and absolutely botched it because that's what they do. So I'm not going to go and blow another $55 CAD on this before I know if it's actually worth owning on vinyl.

Interesting, they have done a lot of stuff over the past while. Including the Ancestors previous album. And Black Country New Road, which really... Isn't great.
They have over a thousand mastering credits for other labels on Discogs and the equipment listed on that site doesn't match the equipment ERC always touts. The font does seem to be the same though. Maybe they just keep them totally separate.

Interesting, they have done a lot of stuff over the past while. Including the Ancestors previous album. And Black Country New Road, which really... Isn't great on vinyl. But even so I'm more concerned about the pressing plant. I got burned going in blind on that new TMR Vault Box, and then United fucking pressed it and absolutely botched it because that's what they do. So I'm not going to go and blow another $55 CAD on this before I know if it's actually worth owning on vinyl.
Ah good spot, I never made the connection with them before now otherwise I might have noticed. Ah damn, that’s not good news. I can’t remember having issues with Shabaka’s other releases but I also can’t recall being blown away by the pressing either. Good time to revisit I think!

They have over a thousand mastering credits for other labels on Discogs and the equipment listed on that site doesn't match the equipment ERC always touts. The font does seem to be the same though. Maybe they just keep them totally separate.
If you go on their website and click the ‘about’ it shows as a division of ERC. As you said though, likely keep the 2 separate .

Wow that last Shabaka album has some really weird run-outs in the US. Side B cut by a different person at a different location and is the only one that the pressing location is obvious to me, which is HDP. Just GZ in Europe.

Screenshot_20210331-123029.png

I didn't think it sounded too bad but I haven't spun it too much.

Back