Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I really want a restock on Bucket List Project. Hopefully some day it will happen.
The funny thing here is that Omerta was just a local label that was starting up at his point. I stumbled across them online and ordered Bucket List Project and Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - 'Road To The Riches' as a show of support more than anything and now the former has shot up in value crazily. I paid less than £20 for it at the time.

If he is repressing one then maybe he will also repress Bucket List Project.

Had to laugh when no fewer than 6 new copies of this showed up for sale on discogs in my wantlist during the last 12 hours. A bit of panic happening here? Prices though are still $188-$230!

Saw a bit of that on Reddit in the last week or so too as rumors heated up. Suddenly copies of CFM were popping up out of nowhere around that range. At this point, the smart move seems to be to wait and hope the rollout is a disaster if you're trying to sell.

I sure hope it's clean and nice and easy for the folks who want it though!

I got shipping notices already. I don't think I've ever had them shipped this quickly.
Same here. I literally just received last month’s ROTM 2 days ago, but received a couple other boxes of various store purchases throughout last month. This time, I got notices for everything I’m expecting this month with the same tracking number right away.

My local record shop got copies of Promises in this weekend. Meanwhile looks like VMP has pushed theirs until May which means there's a chance we won't get it until June shipments and that regret is once again creeping in. Luckily I found copies of Depeche Modes Violator and Dr Johns Gumbo to ease the sting.

No matter how many times I try to get into st vincent I just can't. Even the album with David Byrne who is one of my goats. Just can't. I know she's talented but I can't pinpoint it.
Maybe because she has a very posh yet mischievous art-savvy aesthetic that you don’t really enjoy! I think as a result, her sound comes off as pretentious. St Vincent is quirky and playful, but I think definitely grounded. Like her art pop and chamber pop is pretty but can be distorted too; but still, she’s always grounded and is kind of a perfectionist! But yeah, I think it’s because she has that semi-fancy, quirky, stiff, regal, aesthetic that can come off sounding pretentious! 💯

But I love it all because I’m royally superficial, playful and artsy myself.....just kidding! 🥴🙊🤪🙈

Also, you can tell St Vincent loved Sheila E.‘s song “Next Time Wipe The Lipstick Off Your Collar” because it’s such a posh, lamenting, regretful vocal performance with grandiose and lavish in sound arrangements! Like that song from the 80’s is so St Vincent. And even Sheila E.‘s “Oliver House” - a very playful, tongue in cheek song yet quite a sombre and dull vocal performance with a pretty falsetto - is very much a song that sounds completely like St. Vincent’s style! Both songs are that same Sheila E album - In The Glamorous Life - so I’m sure St Vincent loved that album! But she could never be as glamorous and opulent aesthetically than what Sheila E. was on that album!

I really like St. Vincent and had fun seeing her live but she does kind of seem like she lets the musicality take the back seat to her performance art thing. It’s interesting to watch but she’s so so so tightly controlled that sometimes it feels overly processed choppy and unnatural in a way that puts me on edge. Definitely not a relaxing artist to listen to.

Then, again, there are so many musicians that are doing a more natural folksy americana thing right now that her music can be kind of refreshingly different. I just have to be in the mood for it - it’s cool within a very specific context.

Back