Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Gone, since it was posted to reddit.com/r/vinylreleases/ and available to non-members.
This would easily sell out to members, maybe not in 5 minutes, but quickly. I have this record, and it's really excellent, but it still pisses me off that other members didn't get abetter shot at buying one. What's the point of being a member? This is just another reason I'm leaving VMP when my current year membership run out.

This would easily sell out to members, maybe not in 5 minutes, but quickly. I have this record, and it's really excellent, but it still pisses me off that other members didn't get abetter shot at buying one. What's the point of being a member? This is just another reason I'm leaving VMP when my current year membership run out.
Yeah this just really doesn't make sense at all.

As I mentioned in the RHH thread. Apparently this is an exploit that allowed non VMP members to buy the album, apparently non-VMP members will have their orders cancelled.

As I mentioned in the RHH thread. Apparently this is an exploit that allowed non VMP members to buy the album, apparently non-VMP members will have their orders cancelled.
So there's and exploit, VMP know there's an exploit, everybody who has ever had anything to do with VMP know's there is an exploit... yet its still sitting there happily.

You know, I'm starting to think they just do this sort of thing just to keep the VMP threads on various internet forums alive. Gives us all something to chat about.

The thing is we all know they'll put some more up in a few weeks/months time.

They kept doing this for Gorillaz back in the day.

Anyone else feels the quality of VMPs exclusive output decreased quite a bit lately? There was a time 2-4 years ago where I had to make sure not to buy too many exclusives, but I haven’t bought one so far in 2021 and can’t even recall my last purchase. It seems they have a lot more reissues than earlier where the exclusives usually centred around new exciting artists. I feel the Dinked Editions for instance have done a much better job lately in showcasing great new albums than VMP.

One the one hand it’s a shame because they used to be so good at this and introduced me to lots of cool artists, on the other hand I wanted to avoid buying from them anyway and this definitely makes it easier than expected.

Anyone else feels the quality of VMPs exclusive output decreased quite a bit lately? There was a time 2-4 years ago where I had to make sure not to buy too many exclusives, but I haven’t bought one so far in 2021 and can’t even recall my last purchase. It seems they have a lot more reissues than earlier where the exclusives usually centred around new exciting artists. I feel the Dinked Editions for instance have done a much better job lately in showcasing great new albums than VMP.

One the one hand it’s a shame because they used to be so good at this and introduced me to lots of cool artists, on the other hand I wanted to avoid buying from them anyway and this definitely makes it easier than expected.
I think there are too many exclusives now, hard to get excited. Whereas you would have taken a jump at the hype when they only had a few each month

Dinked is great. But agree on VMP. I think maybe the Chets (as a you kay subscriber) and I kinda wish I'd picked up the JLHs. Not sure how much play them... But that's hardly the point. Other than that it's slim pickings

Back