Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Leon Ware’s Musical Massage is my favourite March ROTM pick, but Eyedea & Abilities’ First Born is still a magnificent album and a fantastic R&HH ROTM pick! 👌
Yeah Leon was my favorite this month, and I figured E&A would be available for a while. Trying not to spend on add-ons, and still want the Strokes record from last month too

Thanks. I assume no clues as of yet.
Classics: Widely considered to be one of the best dollar bin finds.
Essentials: The second best album from an indie band in the mid 2000s.
Hip Hop: It's not going to be Ice Cube's "The Predator", please stop asking.

Seriously, no clues yet.

Last edited:
Essentials is the 100th right? Maybe the reason that March wasn't the best is because they sunk the license budget into Essentials100 so had to go bargain hunting to fill out the month before.

Or not
Man, that Cudi album was a controversial pick (one I was totally onboard with for the record). Wonder if Essentials 100 is going to be something like Rhythm Nation that is being repressed but would still be a solid pick IMO.

Man, that Cudi album was a controversial pick (one I was totally onboard with for the record). Wonder if Essentials 100 is going to be something like Rhythm Nation that is being repressed but would still be a solid pick IMO.
It's really not my bag but given I went absolutely jizz chucking after hearing the VMP Room on Fire (it's brilliant by the way. Absolutely brilliant) I totally get why people who may have had the affinity with Kudi that I had with the strokes would have had the stokes. But normally if I wasn't thrilled I'd at least settle on one of the monthly picks. Last month I thought they all stunk the place up. And having taken store credit there's absolutely nothing in there that's interesting me either except a ridiculously overpriced Alicia Keys and a Sparklehorse box that I'm too skint to even contemplate contemplating. I'd have taken Peanuts though

Last edited:
I thought Kid Cudi was a solid pick. It really is an essential record in telling the story of modern popular hip-hop and adjacent pop/R&B acts like the Weeknd. I get that it isn't hard to find, but that's not the determining factor.

I thought Kid Cudi was a solid pick. It really is an essential record in telling the story of modern popular hip-hop and adjacent pop/R&B acts like the Weeknd. I get that it isn't hard to find, but that's not the determining factor.
Speaking of the weeknd the trilogy needs to be more widely available. Managed to snag a copy of house of balloons the other day that sounds fantastic, but the other two are a little harder to find. House of balloons is definitely the peak though. I remember seeing him on tour just after that. So good. Festival midday show Weeknd >>>> Festival headliner Weeknd.

EDIT: I will go all nathanricaud talking about House of Balloons using terms like "sexy" and way too many emojis.

Last edited:
Back