Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Im definitely going for the Frank Derrick, talk about a crate diggers dream!

In terms of the Sun Ra im confused as Philly Jazz released it in 2018 on red translucent vinyl.....kind of looks like the exact same release down to the label.

Good God do original copies of this go for a ton.

Listening to it now, and while not bad, I don't find the music blowing me or anything. I think just the scarcity of it alone is what makes it sought after, not really much with the actual music.

It definitely has more of a big band feel to it than jazz-funk (which is what Discogs labels it as). The Youtube recordings sound flat, so hopefully Tidal Waves' pressing sounds better.

Edit: This Youtube video, sourced from a 2006 CD reissue, sounds better:

Edit 2: Ok, now I'm hearing the funk, I just didn't listen deep enough into some of these tracks lol

Not sure about shipping, but Colemine has it for $24.99 USD

Same, I calculated yesterday I have a total of 18 albums either in waiting or in transit and I should probably take a break. This store drop helps.
In the last 3 months I've only bought 2 VMP exclusives--Monk and Yusef. And it's not like I'm on a vinyl diet or anything, they just haven't been putting out anything I'm interested in.

In the last 3 months I've only bought 2 VMP exclusives--Monk and Yusef. And it's not like I'm on a vinyl diet or anything, they just haven't been putting out anything I'm interested in.
Of those only 7 are either VMP ROTM or preorders going into May. The rest are either from my local store or this one store in the UK I frequently buy from.

The rest are 4 Beatles albums which I've waited a long time to pull the trigger on, Black Panther ST, LCD Soundsystem's "This is Happening", QOTSA "Songs for the Deaf" (which I've resigned that VMP will never repress), DJ Shadow's "Endtroducing", GNR's "Use Your Illusion II" and DOOM's "Born Like This" (which has been delayed and I'm losing hope I'll ever get). Oh, and Blink 182 S/T for the wife.

EDIT: And after I wrote that a discogs order of Smokey Robinson's "Anthology" I forgot I ordered came through. I have a problem. 😂

Last edited:
Im definitely going for the Frank Derrick, talk about a crate diggers dream!

In terms of the Sun Ra im confused as Philly Jazz released it in 2018 on red translucent vinyl.....kind of looks like the exact same release down to the label.

Tina'd the Frank Derrick straight away.

Strut have a 4LP version available of the Sun Ra, the track the have to stream sounds pretty great from the box set.

Tina'd the Frank Derrick straight away.

Strut have a 4LP version available of the Sun Ra, the track the have to stream sounds pretty great from the box set.
I saw that and I'm trying to think of a reason not to go for the box.....

for some reason sun ra gave me deja vu... i feel like they did this before but they didn't.. SOMETHING feels deja vu

but yeah just buy the boxset its only like 20 bucks more for 3 more LPs (that i think are also at 45 RPM)

Last edited:
for some reason sun ra gave me deja vu... i feel like they did this before but they didn't.. SOMETHING feels deja vu

but yeah just buy the boxset its only like 20 bucks more for 3 more LPs (that i think are also at 45 RPM)
VMP have done several Sun Ra exclusives. That could be why.

Any chance somebody could grab me a copy of the Benny Sings exclusive?

You may be thinking of Egypt '71
Well worth picking this up if found for a decent price. Its 'out there' compared to Lanquidity but a fantastic collection of music. The booklet (which is more like a book!) really paints an incredible picture of what it must have been like to see them at that time.

View attachment 90300

Not sure about shipping, but Colemine has it for $24.99 USD

Damn it, the one day I'm busy and these are sold out already :cry:

Back