Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I have another of Pastor T.L Barrett's records (the LITA Like A Ship... (Without A Sail)) and its pretty damn good. This one from VMP might be worth picking up, especially seeing as its a reasonable 23USD.

View attachment 77038
This is a random thing to be digging out late on a Friday night/ Saturday morning, but I thought some people here might find this interesting.

While Pastor T.L Barretts music is utterly fantastic it seems like in his later years he faded into a life of crime where he massively conned his churchgoers. He supposedly stole over two million dollars from 1500 people in a fake fundraising pyramid scheme.

Heres the article that highlights it - The Quietus | Opinion | The Quietus Essay | Without A Sail: The Complicated Legacy Of Pastor T. L. Barrett

This is a random thing to be digging out late on a Friday night/ Saturday morning, but I thought some people here might find this interesting.

While Pastor T.L Barretts music is utterly fantastic it seems like in his later years he faded into a life of crime where he massively conned his churchgoers. He supposedly stole over two million dollars from 1500 people in a fake fundraising pyramid scheme.

Heres the article that highlights it - The Quietus | Opinion | The Quietus Essay | Without A Sail: The Complicated Legacy Of Pastor T. L. Barrett
Omg, that’s terrible! I love his music so much but that’s a shame he did that. It’s so greedy and disgusting!

Honestly, I didn't know. I picked up his 'Like A Ship...(Without A Sale)' a few years ago without hearing anything about it and really enjoyed it. I dug out the 7" the other day (a 2-part version of Jingle Bells) after the other release was announced as a VMP exclusive, and did a bit of reading online.

The story is clearly interesting but kind of sours the music for me knowing that he was scamming so much money from the people he was supposed to be supporting.

No idea if it's being pressed elsewhere for cheaper, but this is pretty good chillout Brazilian music, too:

If you love Brazilian music, do yourself a favour and order this. Brilliant album imo. Especially the cover of Ain't No Sunshine is great, the perfect soundtrack for summer.

Plus this might be the greatest album cover of all time.

I actually ordered mine through VMP, because they for some reason still offer me free shipping to Europe and member prices, even though I haven't been a member since the beginning of the year. So after the exchange rate it's actually pretty reasonably priced for me.

Also back in stock:

Recommend for those who haven't picked it up yet. Great album.
I will second this. Worth looking on Discogs for the actual colour, for once its actually much better in real life compared with their mock-up.

Back