Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So that live Monk was a RSD release? Trying to decide if I should get it. I really like Palo Alto and this one seems like it was more of a professional recording. But I've been buying a ton of jazz lately and need to slow down and focus on albums that are (lower case e) essential.
Same. I'm sure this sounds great, and we all need some Monk in our collection, but how many Monk live albums does one need? (I know, I know, we need them all...but do we?)

I have the MØNK live album which came out from Gearbox a couple years back, which is a show from Copenhagen in March 1963 and has 2 of the same tunes. Not sure I need this one too.

Yes it was. On standard black. I liked it.

Got my shipping notice for this month. Will be my biggest box(es) in a while. All 3 tracks (2 jazz dispensary swaps) + 2 JLH records
I got my shipping notice on the 4th, a record for VMP.. checked it today and it's still in pre-shipment. 😐

No idea if it's being pressed elsewhere for cheaper, but this is pretty good chillout Brazilian music, too:

I saw rough trade has a $28 purple preorder. Real Gone usually does a standard pressing of their releases right?

This feels like a move made in conjunction with a sale of shares and they bring in new investors. New investors want someone else to run the day to day and have more impact on the business. Old ceo doesn't want to leave so they go to the board. Ceos of successful companies don't get replaced or moved to the board for no reason.

This feels like a move made in conjunction with a sale of shares and they bring in new investors. New investors want someone else to run the day to day and have more impact on the business. Old ceo doesn't want to leave so they go to the board. Ceos of successful companies don't get replaced or moved to the board for no reason.

Smaller companies sometimes do. The CEO of my wifes company just wasnt interested in the day to day anymore once the company was successful. He left his CEO position, went to board, and focused on other ventures. My companys owner also did something very similar.

VMP isnt that big and I doubt they have this intense board or investors to satisfy with big change, especially if their profits really have grown this year (as the article saids). It really could just be Fielder wanting to step back and focus elsewhere.

But who knows, all we can do is speculate.

I have nothing against Matt like some do, but Cam always seemed like a real cool dude from the old forum so good for him. Hopefully its a sign of good things to come.

Smaller companies sometimes do. The CEO of my wifes company just wasnt interested in the day to day anymore once the company was successful. He left his CEO position, went to board, and focused on other ventures. My companys owner also did something very similar.

VMP isnt that big and I doubt they have this intense board or investors to satisfy with big change, especially if their profits really have grown this year (as the article saids). It really could just be Fielder wanting to step back and focus elsewhere.

But who knows, all we can do is speculate.

I have nothing against Matt like some do, but Cam always seemed like a real cool dude from the old forum so good for him. Hopefully its a sign of good things to come.
Good point. I was speaking from experience as well, but it's probably not very applicable because my industry is different.

I agree with you about both of them too. Cam always seemed awesome.

Back