Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

She's beautiful, but that wax is fugly.

This one is steep, $50 for non-members, $45 for members.

I have a standard/original? pressing of this that I scored on the cheap that's just a little too beat up. I love this album and probably would've jumped right on it to upgrade if it wasn't for the $45 price tag! Not a fan of the pinwheel color (don't really like their Alfredo pinwheel either).

Why the hell is this $45?!

View attachment 75286

I really like what I heard from a quick scan through of this. Hopefully this doesn't sell out before I can sit with this a little more.

This has had more varients than I have had hot dinners.

In fact they copy I bought came from VMP back when they sold standard pressings (although this one was on orange).

Still, fantastic album if you have never heard it. I have to thank @mcherry and @GritNGlitter once again for first turning me onto this album when they were discussing it over on the old forum years back.
Mine is like "smoke swirl" or something. I know I was glad when the variant was released (the third or fourth), because I missed the first release and then lacked funds
Agreed, great album but the world does not need another variant of this.
If people will buy it, why not?
It looks like a peppermint candy except with poop instead of peppermint.
Poopermint.

How are they still finding copies of Bratmobile? Snagged one as a swaption ages ago before I vowed out.

Tempted by The Bar-Kays and James Booker Classified. But I'm going to be dropping a bunch of cash at my local on some rare gems this Friday so...probably gonna pass.

I would love that! 😍😍😍🙏🤤
Somewhat related anecdote: NLDW has apparently been repressed after going OOP for a bit (as it seems most DG albums do...) and according to those who have bought it, the repress oddly has the tracks "Bass Rattle Stars out the Sky" and "Artificial Death in the West" swapped. It seems to be a pressing error but still a bit odd. And makes me glad I got an original pressing for $25ish before they became scarce

I’m very happy VMP are doing an exclusive pressing of Alicia Keys’ classic album “The Diary of Alicia Keys”! 🎹📔

I love that album so much and it’s awesome it’s finally getting a repress with it being remastered! The original pressing is mediocre. Also, I know a lot of people don’t like the look of the colour variant/mock-up of this Alicia Keys exclusive, but I think it looks stunning! The brown and cream compliment each other really nicely and the pinwheel design suits the album cover really nicely too! 😍🟤⚪

Direct to Board Gatefold, 180g, remastered, pressed at GZ - I’m actually really happy with that for this exclusive VMP pressing! I love this album so much and cannot wait to spin this one! 💎😎

You Don’t Know My Name is also one of Kanye West’s best produced songs, period!!! An unbelievablely great song! 💯🔥🔥🔥

I’m very happy VMP are doing an exclusive pressing of Alicia Keys’ classic album “The Diary of Alicia Keys”! 🎹📔

I love that album so much and it’s awesome it’s finally getting a repress with it being remastered! The original pressing is mediocre. Also, I know a lot of people don’t like the look of the colour variant/mock-up of this Alicia Keys exclusive, but I think it looks stunning! The brown and cream compliment each other really nicely and the pinwheel design suits the album cover really nicely too! 😍🟤⚪

Direct to Board Gatefold, 180g, remastered, pressed at GZ - I’m actually really happy with that for this exclusive VMP pressing! I love this album so much and cannot wait to spin this one! 💎😎

You Don’t Know My Name is also one of Kanye West’s best produced songs, period!!! An unbelievablely great song! 💯🔥🔥🔥
to put a little water into the wine. 45$ member price and pressed at gz. They should notice that this is more expensive than some of the acoustivc sounds they are selling in the store right now

How are they still finding copies of Bratmobile? Snagged one as a swaption ages ago before I vowed out.

Tempted by The Bar-Kays and James Booker Classified. But I'm going to be dropping a bunch of cash at my local on some rare gems this Friday so...probably gonna pass.
FWIW I really love that Bar Kay’s Coldblooded album. That should have been the ROTM over Money Talks

to put a little water into the wine. 45$ member price and pressed at gz. They should notice that this is more expensive than some of the acoustivc sounds they are selling in the store right now
I spotted that price immediately when I saw the email. In what phantom zone have we entered where Alicia Keys albums sell for $45 - Remember that time vinyl was cheaper than CDs. 😂

Back