Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Wait till you find out this one isn't even a Khruangbin album
I know this. It's essentially a mixed tape that LNT pressed to vinyl, that is curated by Khruangbin and includes one cover track by them.

I have some of the other LNT releases, Cinematic Orchestra, Jon Hopkins, Bonobo, Nils Frahm, Floating Points, etc. What I like about those artists LNT's releases is the continuous mix (via CD or digital file), where the tracks all properly segue together like a DJ performance. Other LNTs releases I have checked out by other artists that aren't well-versed with DJ mixing, didn't really click for me. It seems like the curators were often reaching for the some of the most underground, far-out obscure songs (looking at you Badbadnotgood), rather than creating a continuous flowing mix (my preference).

$37 incl taxes and shipping for the clear RT version of 1000 in case anyone is interested
Since I'm still a member, VMP comes out cheaper for me and I like the blue more than clear. But this ain't bad. Again, I wish it had the bonus 7" as an option.

I know this. It's essentially a mixed tape that LNT pressed to vinyl, that is curated by Khruangbin and includes one cover track by them.

I have some of the other LNT releases, Cinematic Orchestra, Jon Hopkins, Bonobo, Nils Frahm, Floating Points, etc. What I like about those artists LNT's releases is the continuous mix (via CD or digital file), where the tracks all properly segue together like a DJ performance. Other LNTs releases I have checked out by other artists that aren't well-versed with DJ mixing, didn't really click for me. It seems like the curators were often reaching for the some of the most underground, far-out obscure songs (looking at you Badbadnotgood), rather than creating a continuous flowing mix (my preference).

The only LNT I currently own is BADBADNOTGOOD and I really, really like it. :(

I actually enjoy the BBNG one:)

Since I'm still a member, VMP comes out cheaper for me and I like the blue more than clear. But this ain't bad. Again, I wish it had the bonus 7" as an option.

The only LNT I currently own is BADBADNOTGOOD and I really, really like it. :(

I actually enjoy the BBNG one:)
Happy to hear it! Maybe I should take another run at it.

I already bought this on black when it was a curated pick in the store a few years ago.

But for anyone who is on the fence with this one, I highly recommend this album. It works as a meditation for any and all moods and circumstances and is definitely one that receives regular love in my house (at least a spin a month).
This is a cool spin. VMP doesn't do a lot of reggae-style (I say that loosely w/ this release) releases so I may end up with it.

This is true. I had a director who was famous for telling anchors over IFB that we were tighter than bark to a tree, and he was sweating like a whore in church.
I've literally had anchors read punctuations out loud because they were in the teleprompter, amongst a million other similarities to that movie...

Aw man that BBNG one is one of my favorite LNT mixes. I don’t think anything is particularly obscure on it either. Just has a great vibe to the whole thing. The Snow Patrol mix (digital/CD only) also happens to be a fantastic one for the reasons you mentioned with the continuous mix.

886 copies of the LateNightTales Khruangbin left in store!!! Pretty impressive considering it’s a 2,000 pressing run, and that it’s not a Khruangbin studio album! Also, it hasn’t gone on sale to non-members yet so my guess is that this will sell out before this LateNightTales gets released or just after (a bit like the Gorillaz exclusive, which was limited to 2,500 copies).

In my opinion. the USD$34 price point, which includes free shipping is good, especially as it’s 2LP at 180g, a nice blue translucent. pressed at MPO (I think MPO is a pretty great pressing plant from experience of the pressings I have there)!

I’m very excited for this release! I love Khruangbin rendition of Summer Madness! I just know this LateNightTales is going to be excellent! 😍

Yeah, for those of us in the States (maybe Canada and Mexico too?) VMP is probably the cheapest option, especially if you're already a member. I'm not surprised they've sold over half already.

I confess... it's the first VMP exclusive I jumped on since Sonny Sharrock. I've gone elsewhere for some other recent releases (Aaron Frazer and Roland Haynes) but sometimes old habits die hard.

886 copies of the LateNightTales Khruangbin left in store!!! Pretty impressive considering it’s a 2,000 pressing run, and that it’s not a Khruangbin studio album! Also, it hasn’t gone on sale to non-members yet so my guess is that this will sell out before this LateNightTales gets released or just after (a bit like the Gorillaz exclusive, which was limited to 2,500 copies).

In my opinion. the USD$34 price point, which includes free shipping is good, especially as it’s 2LP at 180g, a nice blue translucent. pressed at MPO (I think MPO is a pretty great pressing plant from experience of the pressings I have there)!

I’m very excited for this release! I love Khruangbin rendition of Summer Madness! I just know this LateNightTales is going to be excellent! 😍

I have two LNT. (Nils Frahms and Olafur Arnalds. Both pretty underwhelming. Personally i’d grab the black versions direct over colour (i’m in Uk of course) For £20(ish)
But i think they are novelties that end up dust gathering on shelf. Unsure why VMP have got so interested recently or why sudden burst of interest ?

I have two LNT. (Nils Frahms and Olafur Arnalds. Both pretty underwhelming. Personally i’d grab the black versions direct over colour (i’m in Uk of course) For £20(ish)
But i think they are novelties that end up dust gathering on shelf. Unsure why VMP have got so interested recently or why sudden burst of interest ?
Because VMP customers really like the LateNightTales series! And VMP is #1 when it comes to exclusives and are the leading company when it comes to exclusive vinyl/coloured variants etc! 💯

I personally really enjoy the LateNightTales releases from artists I love, but totally understand why you think they are a waste of space! Same could be said for the Jazz Dispensary OG Kush release, but I freaking love spinning it! It’s such vibes! 👌

Because VMP customers really like the LateNightTales series! And VMP is #1 when it comes to exclusives and are the leading company when it comes to exclusive vinyl/coloured variants etc! 💯

I personally really enjoy the LateNightTales releases from artists I love, but totally understand why you think they are a waste of space! Same could be said for the Jazz Dispensary OG Kush release, but I freaking love spinning it! It’s such vibes! 👌
So you'd say you're a fan of VMP exclusives?

Back