Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

As long as the VMP store description isn't printed in their edition's actual liner notes, I'll be fine with their cheekiness.

This is probably one of those (increasingly rare) occasions where VMP's version is the most affordable, at least for people in the US. I'm picking it up, although I'm also going to cancel this month's add-on as a result. So Redman and/or Hawkins will have to wait another time.

I honestly hate the copy they put out with just about everything. Absolute garbage
Completely agree. I actually really enjoy the idea of booklets which come with the Classics releases and find they really enjoyable/informative.....when they are written by someone that has actual knowledge or interest in the musician or album.

When its written by someone that's just spent an hour online reading up about it, that's when they become pointless. If I wanted a wikipedia article I would just head to wikipedia....

As long as the VMP store description isn't printed in their edition's actual liner notes, I'll be fine with their cheekiness.
It totally takes the piss when they the market his 'exclusive listening notes' as a selling point. The only reason they're exclusive is because no other company is mad enough to pay for them.

I used to try too hard to be cool when I used to write 'edgy' stuff in high school too though so maybe I should be a bit more understanding. On the other hand...

Last edited:
Completely agree. I actually really enjoy the idea of booklets which come with the Classics releases and find they really enjoyable/informative.....when they are written by someone that has actual knowledge or interest in the musician or album.

When its written by someone that's just spent an hour online reading up about it, that's when they become pointless. If I wanted a wikipedia article I would just head to wikipedia....
They've basically said to the bloke they brought in to make the tea 'can you summarize this wiki page please. Also if you could make yourself sound like an unbearable tosser in the process that would also be great'.

Madness. Just get a freelancer in! One who actually knows (a) about the music and (b) how to write!

They've basically said to the bloke they brought in to make the tea 'can you summarize this wiki page please. Also if you could make yourself sound like an unbearable tosser in the process that would also be great'.

Madness. Just get a freelancer in! One who actually knows (a) about the music and (b) how to write!
I can write, sometimes. Maybe I should make a push to do the sales notes.

"Hey Fuckface! Yeah, I'm talking to you, do you like music and stuff? Yeah? Do you want to be cool? Like, cooler than all the other wack boneheads you know? Then buy this LNT record, actually buy two. It's made in FRANCE. And as everyone knows France is French for FANCY.
AND BOY HOWDY THIS SHIT IS FANCY.
Now shut the fuck up and give us your credit card.

Now.

Gimme."

Last edited:

"Hey Fuckface! Yeah, I'm talking to you, do you like music and stuff? Yeah? Do you want to be cool? Like, cooler than all the other wack boneheads you know? Then buy this LNT record, actually buy two. It's made in FRANCE. And as everyone knows France is French for FANCY. AND BOY HOWDY THIS SHIT IS FANCY.
Now.
Gimme."
Nice try. No way I'm buying that though. Unless maybe if it came with a cocktail recipe.

"Hey Fuckface! Yeah, I'm talking to you, do you like music and stuff? Yeah? Do you want to be cool? Like, cooler than all the other wack boneheads you know? Then buy this LNT record, actually buy two. It's made in FRANCE. And as everyone knows France is French for FANCY. AND BOY HOWDY THIS SHIT IS FANCY.
Now.
Gimme."
Can you just go ahead and rewrite the writeup for the November AOTM, this definitely sells France and it's music better than I could ever dream of

Sorry, no spelling mistakes. You're fired!!
The other issue. I often thought 'how could this get through editorial scrutiny and still have so many spelling and grammatical errors?' and then it hit me. Even the VMP staff think it's so painful an experience reading that shit that they can't face proofing it. So whatever is on the page goes out into the world. It's a bit like Ron Burgundy and teleprompters

View attachment 72242

I already bought this on black when it was a curated pick in the store a few years ago.

But for anyone who is on the fence with this one, I highly recommend this album. It works as a meditation for any and all moods and circumstances and is definitely one that receives regular love in my house (at least a spin a month).

This is probably one of those (increasingly rare) occasions where VMP's version is the most affordable, at least for people in the US. I'm picking it up, although I'm also going to cancel this month's add-on as a result. So Redman and/or Hawkins will have to wait another time.

$37 incl taxes and shipping for the clear RT version of 1000 in case anyone is interested

The other issue. I often thought 'how could this get through editorial scrutiny and still have so many spelling and grammatical errors?' and then it hit me. Even the VMP staff think it's so painful an experience reading that shit that they can't face proofing it. So whatever is on the page goes out into the world. It's a bit like Ron Burgundy and teleprompters
Having worked in live TV for 21 years I'd just like to state for the record that Ron Burgundy is in fact a documentary.

Last edited:
Back