Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I know we're all WTF? with the price on these Dispensary titles, but they're going to seem like a bargain when they hit Swaps for $33, and we'll forget the fact Swaps used to be $23. Someone at VMP clearly paid attention during their Psychology of Economics class.
Plus I need to wear something with my VMP Anorak. That beanie is starting to look like it is worth at least $50

While this weed pairing shit is just as cringy as the cocktail pairings, it makes me feel so, so much worse. But I guess if some dumb motherfucker is going to pay $50 they're slow enough to fall for it.
Okay so, I read the article, and snorted like... 3 bags of marijuana but honestly it's not really doing anything for me I don't think. Except for this crushing headache and everything through my right eye is like five times bigger than everything through my left eye.

Last edited:
I know we're all WTF? with the price on these Dispensary titles, but they're going to seem like a bargain when they hit Swaps for $33, and we'll forget the fact Swaps used to be $23. Someone at VMP clearly paid attention during their Psychology of Economics class.

But if a box set is in swaps and no one is there to see it, was it really there?

On a non-overpriced Jazz Dispensary note, emailed vmp again asking when my Fiona order from 9/24 is gonna ship. They said "in about 1-7 business days." So damn lame. An order I placed at amoeba’s website one week ago arrived yesterday.

I'd rather spend that J.D. money at a real dispensary.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why, but reading about this bundle today finally made me snap and cancel my order for the Herbie set.
I got a reply from Tyler today that said, essentially, "The Anthology order confirmation email says you have to cancel within 48 hours of purchase, so we will not cancel your order."

I responded "That email also said this Anthology would ship Summer of 2020, and it is now October. VMP is in breach of contract."

An hour later, Tyler writes back "Due to circumstances, VMP agrees to a one-time exception to our policy. Your order has been canceled and refunded."

I got a reply from Tyler today that said, essentially, "The Anthology order confirmation email says you have to cancel within 48 hours of purchase, so we will not cancel your order."

I responded "That email also said this Anthology would ship Summer of 2020, and it is now October. VMP is in breach of contract."

An hour later, Tyler writes back "Due to circumstances, VMP agrees to a one-time exception to our policy. Your order has been canceled and refunded."
Well done buddy! Can't have it one rule for them and one rule for you!

Id put money on them refunding and replacing less from now on.

You and your sneaky lawyer tricks.

on the one hand, i feel bad about piling on the hate that they are getting. but on the other hand, they so, so, so richly deserve it. the grateful dead cash-in travesty? the price hike? the bullshit with the shipping continuing?! and to try to swing that "you had 2 days to cancel!" rules-are-for-thee-not-for-me bullshit is just too rich from them

on the one hand, i feel bad about piling on the hate that they are getting. but on the other hand, they so, so, so richly deserve it. the grateful dead cash-in travesty? the price hike? the bullshit with the shipping continuing?! and to try to swing that "you had 2 days to cancel!" rules-are-for-thee-not-for-me bullshit is just too rich from them
I don't follow the Anthology series, but did the GD ever ship for people?

This reminds me...I signed up for the Johnny Cash TMR Vault release and forgot to cancel before they charged me again for the next release, which they hadn't announced yet. As soon as they announced the Greatest Hits release, I emailed to cancel, and they flat out refuse. I've gone back and forth with them a couple times with no luck. Has anyone had success trying to cancel--and get a refund for--their TMR sub after being charged, and if so, how did you do it?

This reminds me...I signed up for the Johnny Cash TMR Vault release and forgot to cancel before they charged me again for the next release, which they hadn't announced yet. As soon as they announced the Greatest Hits release, I emailed to cancel, and they flat out refuse. I've gone back and forth with them a couple times with no luck. Has anyone had success trying to cancel--and get a refund for--their TMR sub after being charged, and if so, how did you do it?

Fist City? Charge back City?

Back