Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So it's a $150 risk. I'm willing to chance that, especially because I really do think they'll be fine.
Exactly my thinking. However, I think the fact that they knew they fucked up the pinata thing but didn't tell anyone until after swaps closed and they charged people is telling. I really do fear they have a massive cash flow issue that was partially caused by the grateful dead anthology.

Exactly my thinking. However, I think the fact that they knew they fucked up the pinata thing but didn't tell anyone until after swaps closed and they charged people is telling. I really do fear they have a massive cash flow issue that was partially caused by the grateful dead anthology.

The grateful dead was definitely a huge fuck up and Im sure really hurt their profits this year. But I still think they'll be fine. Eventually they'll find a way to offload those box sets to make up for some of the loss.
Honestly worst case scenario...they have enough of a subscriber base, recognizable brand name, and existing relationships in the business that If anything I think they will be acquired rather than fold completely.

The grateful dead was definitely a huge fuck up and Im sure really hurt their profits this year. But I still think they'll be fine. Eventually they'll find a way to offload those box sets to make up for some of the loss.
Honestly worst case scenario...they have enough of a subscriber base, recognizable brand name, and existing relationships in the business that If anything I think they will be acquired rather than fold completely.
That was my logic. And failing that on a years buy in I only need them to make it to 10 months to break even on what Id previously paid for 3 month subs

That was my logic. And failing that on a years buy in I only need them to make it to 10 months to break even on what Id previously paid for 3 month subs

Yep, 3 month ones just don't make any sense to me. I honestly have no hesitation or worries about this. Bad comes to worse and I'm completely wrong, it's only $150 that I spent 6 months ago. I've had many many stupider and more expensive nights out.

The problem with renewing (to me) is rewarding bad behavior. Even for "less" money.
There are so many records I can buy outside of VMP... the few I miss won't hurt me. There are always records I will miss out on.

I get that. But I have similar feelings about Music Matters Jazz. Despite the quality, I would never buy because I still think they are way overpriced, their business practices are awful, and I am confident all their releases will see a strong different release down the line. But many people feel it's worth it anyway.
That's how I feel about VMP. They don't have their shit together operations wise, but the releases are ultimately worth it to me.

I just paid $179 for 6 months so I would question this pricing before you commit.

I got charged $325(w/taxes) for the yearly, if anyone was wondering. It's around $27 USD per album so I think it's not that bad... This will be my last year though, I won't be paying $400+ for the sub...

I got charged $325(w/taxes) for the yearly, if anyone was wondering. It's around $27 USD per album so I think it's not that bad... This will be my last year though, I won't be paying $400+ for the sub...
I don’t mean to jinx myself but they’re still not charging me tax , I signed up for the year at 299 .

Back