Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Haha welcome back!

But no, I am not your waking up buddy. For one, you may recall I'm simply no good at it. I'm getting old. Furthermore, I'm not making a big thing of it but I'm bailing out of vmp for now at least. The last two months have been swap months for me, and not easy to find swaps, more scrolling up and down and figuring ok that'll have to do. I went too hard on catching up on past releases so now there's nothing left for me in the swaps! And the whole anthology thing has been somewhat predictably exhausting. I'm spending plenty of money on records without VMP's help, and the treatment of the old forum was such a cold and disappointing chapter. The anthology brackets the before and after and is deeply symbolic of the whole shamozzle - so good, so bad.

I'm glad you're back, and as your forum friend/big bro, I'm going to say that I will be calling you out if I see inappropriate behaviour, excessive innuendo etc. Previously I tended to ignore or not engage and just enjoy the fantastic aspects of your personality, but I realise that there will be others who are more personally offended or hurt by this, and I want everyone to feel comfortable hanging out around here.
mmmm I totally understand why you’re taking a break from VMP. I really like this forum but I seriously miss the old forum and it still makes me sad that VMP took it down! 🥀😭

As my big bro, you also have to call out anyone who tries to flirt with me.....because you know I’m one of the cutest guys on here and I’m young and clueless 😜 🙈

I’m going to finish getting all Dylan’s albums.

Then I think I might buy all of King Crimson’s as I only have a paltry 3 records by them.

And I have nothing by Weather Report. Only their CDs. Like some sicko.

And Sade.

Then I will get everything by everyone who ever did anything

View attachment 9142

#teamdietsarefortheweak

I feel this but then I’m going on holiday in September and want spends for booze and I’d like to knock a little of my credit card too!

I feel this but then I’m going on holiday in September and want spends for booze and I’d like to knock a little of my credit card too!

I’ll believe your vinyl diet when I see it. My vinyl me Please shipment was supposed to arrive on Tuesday past but the arseholes from Yodel lost it. It was marked as undeliverable on Tuesday and they haven’t seen it since it went on his van. Classy

I’ll believe your vinyl diet when I see it. My vinyl me Please shipment was supposed to arrive on Tuesday past but the arseholes from Yodel lost it. It was marked as undeliverable on Tuesday and they haven’t seen it since it went on his van. Classy

I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. Between loves Vinyl and the pre-orders I’m getting it won’t be completely dry and hopefully I’ll connect with my collection again rather than just forever working my way through my newly bought backlog.

I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. Between loves Vinyl and the pre-orders I’m getting it won’t be completely dry and hopefully I’ll connect with my collection again rather than just forever working my way through my newly bought backlog.

How’s your Dylan collection @Joe Mac ? Knocked Out Loaded brings mine to 30

You’re missing out. It’s only the greatest creation of mankind and the high point of all art.

Erm no, this is where we diverge, it’s spoilt public school boys disappearing up their own arses and boring the pants off me. It musicians showing off and forgetting about the songs...

Erm no, this is where we diverge, it’s spoilt public school boys disappearing up their own arses and boring the pants off me. It musicians showing off and forgetting about the songs...

You have to try something before you can discount it properly. Close To The Edge, Selling England By The Pound, Red, Pawn Hearts... They are full of great songs and great performances. I think the music press had a 30+ year bias against prog as many of the NME journalists were failed punk rockers. It’s all relative.

Btw I enjoyed Self Portrait earlier today and am enjoying the Dylan album right now.

You have to try something before you can discount it properly. Close To The Edge, Selling England By The Pound, Red, Pawn Hearts... They are full of great songs and great performances. I think the music press had a 30+ year bias against prog as many of the NME journalists were failed punk rockers. It’s all relative.

Btw I enjoyed Self Portrait earlier today and am enjoying the Dylan album right now.

I had an extremely adverse reaction to nearly all Pink Floyd I’ve tried. That combined with the condescension I’ve had from certain people in life when I reveal that has kind of put me so far off the genre that it’d take something meteoric for me to sample some of it ahead of an exciting new artist or hitting my big collection goals.

I had an extremely adverse reaction to nearly all Pink Floyd I’ve tried. That combined with the condescension I’ve had from certain people in life when I reveal that has kind of put me so far off the genre that it’d take something meteoric for me to sample some of it ahead of an exciting new artist or hitting my big collection goals.

Fair enough, some Floyd stuff like Atom Heart Mother and Ummagumma I can take or leave. But their run from Meddle to The Final Cut is one of the best catalogues in rock. If you don’t like excellent drumming, singing, great songs, amazing guitar work, superb piano parts then stay away from Genesis. Selling England is the one I would advise to someone who liked those things, nearly pastoral in parts. Similarly if you don’y Like excellent drumming, singing, great songs, amazing guitar work, superb piano parts then stay away from Yes. Close To The Edge is the one i’d Advise to someone who did, as the title track is one of my favourite pieces of music. But I have a very broad pallet, nothing is off bounds really.

Last edited:
The Prog Wars, S2E01 of the sitcom. I put ice over the floor of the apartment and pretend to be Rick Wakeman, performing the Six Wives of Henry The Eight on ice. @Joe Mac in response starts a Clash tribute act (but strictly Sandinista songs). @Skalap gets annoyed by all the dry ice floating in his window from my performance and gob from Joe’s. We compromise and start an Adam & The Ants tribute band. Cue loud Burundi beat drumming and no sleep for poor @Skalap . Cue end titles

Back