Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

The Prog Wars, S2E01 of the sitcom. I put ice over the floor of the apartment and pretend to be Rick Wakeman, performing the Six Wives of Henry The Eight on ice. @Joe Mac in response starts a Clash tribute act (but strictly Sandinista songs). @Skalap gets annoyed by all the dry ice floating in his window from my performance and gob from Joe’s. We compromise and start an Adam & The Ants tribute band. Cue loud Burundi beat drumming and no sleep for poor @Skalap . Cue end titles
I would actually watch this show! Lol

I better stop posting off thread on this part but today a Kylie Minogue best off arrived. I have no recollection of buying it. Alcohol is a dangerous thing.

I’m currently drinking whiskey. Where is that online deals thread again

I’m trying to go a bit easier on the booze, I’ve been overdoing it recently. I’m imagining that will make the diet a bit easier too!

Received my second copy of Stars today - still has the same pops. One pop is bad that it causes the record to skip during the song - in the exact same place on both records (during the first verse of Calendar Girl, “harder and harder each day/december is darkest...” gets shortened to “harder and har- [POP]/december is darkest...”

Hoping to get a refund or store credit I can use to snag that alex cameron exclusive.

Received my second copy of Stars today - still has the same pops. One pop is bad that it causes the record to skip during the song - in the exact same place on both records (during the first verse of Calendar Girl, “harder and harder each day/december is darkest...” gets shortened to “harder and har- [POP]/december is darkest...”

Hoping to get a refund or store credit I can use to snag that alex cameron exclusive.
I was given a refund. Good luck! Unacceptable pressing.

I just got caught up on this thread and saw @Joe Mac ‘s comments about equal representation in curation, and I would counter that VMP’s curation has, actually introduced me to several female artists in the past year, though usually more in exclusives than RoTMs (Nilufer Yanya, Julia Jacklin, Tanya Tucker, Hand Habits, Charlie Collins, Charlotte Day Wilson, Empress Of, Miya Folick etc). I don’t buy all of them, but seeing them offered as exclusives gets me to check them out.

But I also thought of @NathanRicaud ’s posts and how he’s introduced me to so many talented, up-and-coming female musicians and generated so much enthusiasm for their releases.

The first post I ever made on the old forum (this was about a year ago) was actually a response to one of your posts in which you listed a bunch of new releases by female artists and explained how each of the albums was the love child (or something like that) of a few other great albums. You mentioned that cupcakKe’s Ephorize was a mix of Danny Brown and two other albums, so I checked it out based on your recommendation and loved what I heard.

I missed those kinds of posts when you were gone, Nathan! Glad you’re back.

I'd like a quick help on some last chance VMP store items. I have a budget for one or maybe two of these.

Charlie Collins
Faye Webster
Melody's Echo Chamber
Middle Kids
Thou

I streamed all of these before and like them enough, but I am more interested in hearing about the actual quality of the VMP pressings.

I'd like a quick help on some last chance VMP store items. I have a budget for one or maybe two of these.

Charlie Collins
Faye Webster
Melody's Echo Chamber
Middle Kids
Thou

I streamed all of these before and like them enough, but I am more interested in hearing about the actual quality of the VMP pressings.

The Thou one sounds pretty great, and the jacket and vinyl color are gorgeous. I highly recommend it.

Charlie Collins
Faye Webster
Melody's Echo Chamber
Middle Kids
Thou

Melody's Echo Chamber is funnnn

If this is Bon Voyage (I know they had it on exclusive clear for a while, but I thought it sold out) I highly recommend anyone who doesn't own it to give it a go. It was one of my favorite records of last year, just a really cool and creative project.

Yeah it looks like it’s still available in the store. Really confused as to why they don’t put that in swaps, they used to. Now they just give us obscure shit that I have to talk to myself into liking lol as if I would choose to spend $27 on the Phantom Thread soundtrack if it wasn’t spoon fed to me. Those sneaky bastards.

Back