Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Sooo does anyone know the mastering details on Sonny Sharrock? Is it AAA? I’m not even sure how it was initially recorded in the early 90’s. I have the 45 rpm and saw that this is 33 mastered by Ryan Smith and pressed at QRP. The 45 is a GZ cut if I’m not mistaken even though it sounds great. I could listen to “Who Does She Hope To Be?” On repeat for days.

That AP LA Woman is a revelation. That iconic descending organ run at about 4 minutes into Riders On The Storm is absolutely heavenly, I actually said "holy hell" out loud to no one when that part hit. I think it's partly the reverb on a lot of their songs that just comes alive on this pressing. I liked it so much I bought the AP 45's of their self titled first album, Strange Days and Morrison Hotel. So far that LA Woman is the standout of the bunch, though I haven't spun Morrison Hotel yet.

Morrison Hotel might be my favourite Doors album. I'd love to say I'm all about the cool, uber poetic, Huxley/ Blake slinging Jim belting out the electra psyche of the first couple of albums but to be honest pissed up, Jim barking out roadhouse blues while being arrested for getting his cock out on stage (again) and accessorising with classical style mighty beards is totally where its at. Someone once told me that really the only Doors albums you need are the first two and L.A Woman but balls to that. Chuck Morrison Hotel on... Loudly!

That said I'd play any of the core group albums anytime of the day

One of these days I'll part with the £80 for the AP... One of these days.

Hey @MikeH might want to shoot VMP this link so they can buy back your replacement copy...

If they're like normal credits, you have to click on "payment options" or whatever it is called and apply them. For some reason it doesn't happen automatically.
Weird, does not show up for me anywhere. Checkout takes me right to the cart and then there is no where to choose credits. I ended up placing an order that I wanted the credits applied to. I emailed info@ and asked them to apply the credits or cancel the order.

open
Just got this email 📧 RE: High Violet
Vinyl Me, Please
Hi there,
We wanted to provide you with an update regarding The National High Violet vinyl. The color/effect of the record was different than what was originally advertised. We apologize for this discrepancy and have made changes to our QA process to prevent this from happening again. We’ve heard from many of you, excited about how this record sounds, and we hope that it will be a valuable part of your collection for a long time.
Here is a 10% discount code towards your next purchase: ETYWM2CBT6QB (one time use, expires Jul 31 at 11:59pm). Please reach out to us at info@vinylmeplease.com if you have any questions.
- VMP Team

Last edited:
open
Just got this email 📧 RE: High Voilet
Vinyl Me, Please
Hi there,
We wanted to provide you with an update regarding The National High Violet vinyl. The color/effect of the record was different than what was originally advertised. We apologize for this discrepancy and have made changes to our QA process to prevent this from happening again. We’ve heard from many of you, excited about how this record sounds, and we hope that it will be a valuable part of your collection for a long time.
Here is a 10% discount code towards your next purchase: ETYWM2CBT6QB (one time use, expires Jul 31 at 11:59pm). Please reach out to us at info@vinylmeplease.com if you have any questions.
- VMP Team
New discount code!

open
Just got this email 📧 RE: High Violet
Vinyl Me, Please
Hi there,
- VMP Team
10% is garbage...ask for 30% and then share it 😂😂😂

Back