Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Steve & Teresa- Catching a Wave is probably my favorite discovery on this site since Novos Baianos- Acabou Chorare. What an absolute gem....it makes me realize my opinion of Hawaiian music has always been very reductive and dismissive.
Agreed. I wasn't familiar with Aloha Got Soul prior to yesterday but it's a really neat idea/label. Love the work that they're doing. Good stuff found within.

Quite like the store credit swap. Ended up chucking the $40 sub at the AP LA Woman that I've looked at on and off for years and years. I'm all over it for the cost of a shitty Jon Mayer and twenty quid given the cost in the UK is an eye bleedingly expensive £90.
That AP LA Woman is a revelation. That iconic descending organ run at about 4 minutes into Riders On The Storm is absolutely heavenly, I actually said "holy hell" out loud to no one when that part hit. I think it's partly the reverb on a lot of their songs that just comes alive on this pressing. I liked it so much I bought the AP 45's of their self titled first album, Strange Days and Morrison Hotel. So far that LA Woman is the standout of the bunch, though I haven't spun Morrison Hotel yet.

Quite like the store credit swap. Ended up chucking the $40 sub at the AP LA Woman that I've looked at on and off for years and years. I'm all over it for the cost of a shitty Jon Mayer and twenty quid given the cost in the UK is an eye bleedingly expensive £90.
Now that Doors L.A. Woman has my eye... damn

That AP LA Woman is a revelation. That iconic descending organ run at about 4 minutes into Riders On The Storm is absolutely heavenly, I actually said "holy hell" out loud to no one when that part hit. I think it's partly the reverb on a lot of their songs that just comes alive on this pressing. I liked it so much I bought the AP 45's of their self titled first album, Strange Days and Morrison Hotel. So far that LA Woman is the standout of the bunch, though I haven't spun Morrison Hotel yet.
Now looking for deals on these AP pressings, any tips for a US buyer appreciated.

Do you know if their Doors box was a limited run or could we expect a repress?

Last edited:
Now looking for deals on these AP pressings, any tips for a US buyer appreciated.
Okay one thing about the self titled pressing, it apparently uses an alternate (safety) master as it's source, and quite frankly it doesn't have NEARLY the dynamics and stage of the other 3, I'm not sure how much of that is just down to how it was recorded or how much can be attributed to it being this alternate master (from what I understand) but either way although it's probably as good as this album will sound without having an OG (or potentially better, I've never spun an OG) it's definitely a step down from those other 3. I think a lot of it is just the quality of the original recording, it's always been rather flat and you can't really make up for that but if you're going to target any of these go for LA Woman first. Strange Days sounds great but you've got things like Morrison banging into mic stands on various songs (thumps and noises) and the first track (Strange Days) has always been curiously devoid of bass and still is here, but again, that's just what the tracks have always sounded like. So it's correct for how they wanted it to sound.

This pressing of Riders On The Storm on LA Woman is one of the best sounding songs I've ever heard through my system.

Last edited:
I do have a decent press of the self-titled Doors in mono.
I haven't compared but I don't know the jump up would be enough to justify it on that one. I'm sure Hoffman has some opinions on the Mono vs the AP...

From what I've read most people seem to think the AP is the best version out there, outside of an OG. But just knowing the general quality of the recording I'd still leave that one to last if you eventually want it. Of course it also depends on the level of system people are running... Your mileage may vary...

Okay one thing about the self titled pressing, it apparently uses an alternate master than the OG, and quite frankly it doesn't have NEARLY the dynamics and stage of the other 3, I'm not sure how much of that is just down to how it was recorded or how much can be attributed to it being this alternate master (from what I understand) but either way although it's probably as good as this album will sound without having an OG (or potentially better, I've never spun an OG) it's definitely a step down from those other 3. I think a lot of it is just the quality of the original recording, it's always been rather flat and you can't really make up for that but if you're going to target any of these go for LA Woman first. Strange Days sounds great but you've got things like Morrison banging into mic stands on various songs (thumps and noises) and the first track (Strange Days) has always been curiously devoid of bass and still is here, but again, that's just what the tracks have always sounded like. So it's correct for how they wanted it to sound.

This pressing of Riders On The Storm on LA Woman is one of the best sounding songs I've ever heard through my system.
Riders on the Storm is my favourite song by The Doors. There's just something about it.
Oh Mather, why do you do these things that make me purchase more vinyl.
That being said, thanks. I've wanted this for a while.
Now to sell the parts of my collection I don't listen to. hahahaha

Riders on the Storm is my favourite song by The Doors. There's just something about it.
Oh Mather, why do you do these things that make me purchase more vinyl.
That being said, thanks. I've wanted this for a while.
Now to sell the parts of my collection I don't listen to. hahahaha
I'm sorry, I get excited.

Back