Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Snagged the Blossom Dearie. Deciding if I want the Margo Guryan, Harold Alexander, or neither, I’ve spent way too much. Probably going the latter.
Margo Guryan‘s “Take A Picture” was an instant purchase! It’s hazy, summery, sensual. decorated with sunflowers, daydreaming and retroness, simple yet so embellished, and is so psychedelic in an innocent way! Margo’s jazzy, upper register, velvety whisper is intoxicating too! 🌀😵✨

I ordered it too and it sound fine but it looks absolutely nothing like the mockup. So you all reached out to them about this? I figured it is VMP so I'd just take my losses unless they want to give me a credit.

Yes I reached out. For what they were charging I wouldn't have bought their version over the 4ad or cherry tree one if I knew it would look the way it does. I get the mock ups can be wrong but there's wrong and holy shit nowhere close.

Correct however I was able to get CS to do a manual swap for me last time
They did allow manual swaps last time around (I started with 'Aretha Now') but you couldn't choose the current Classics selection, and I'm guessing the same applies this time around. cc @agutierrezb
Thanks for your replies! I just emailed them asking if it was possible to join for Essentials, but have McCoy be my first record. Fingers crossed.

Wow, I must have been one of the last to pick this up. I used the credit from passing on John Mayer to buy it a few hours ago.

Y'know, that might be the very reason why it did sell out so fast. Everyone with credit in their accounts must've jumped on it today.

In retrospect, I probably should've done the same and held off on McCoy Tyner for another month.

Wow, Monk sold out. I expected that $35 and a 1,500 quantity would’ve meant it would stick around a while.
I got it straight away! Loved the single, I love the Monk records I have, especially that MoFi SuperVinyl one and this VMP exclusive mock-up looks Amazing! Jazz is the best on vinyl! 💯🎺🎷🎹🥁

Quite like the store credit swap. Ended up chucking the $40 sub at the AP LA Woman that I've looked at on and off for years and years. I'm all over it for the cost of a shitty Jon Mayer and twenty quid given the cost in the UK is an eye bleedingly expensive £90.

Steve & Teresa- Catching a Wave is probably my favorite discovery on this site since Novos Baianos- Acabou Chorare. What an absolute gem....it makes me realize my opinion of Hawaiian music has always been very reductive and dismissive.

Is there a track I should look for? I've listened to a couple of the easy to find tracks and, to me, it's elevator music.

Steve & Teresa- Catching a Wave is probably my favorite discovery on this site since Novos Baianos- Acabou Chorare. What an absolute gem....it makes me realize my opinion of Hawaiian music has always been very reductive and dismissive.

The entire album is so good. So soulful, so beautiful. Big fan here.

Back