Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

such a cash grab. there've been what feels like 30 variants of that single over the years, so that was easy money for VMP to suck out of the crazy TMR completists. I gave up collecting TMR stuff about 10 years back when I missed out on a Vault due to a lapsed credit card and I think I have three versions of that single at least...
I was on the fence about it myself until I remembered that A) this single isn't anything new or special B) I'm getting the De Stijl TMR Vault release which will have plenty of demos and a live set and C) I don't think I've spun a 7-inch since last fall.

Last edited:
such a cash grab. there've been what feels like 30 variants of that single over the years, so that was easy money for VMP to suck out of the crazy TMR completists. I gave up collecting TMR stuff about 10 years back when I missed out on a Vault due to a lapsed credit card and I think I have three versions of that single at least...

I don't understand this. How is it a cash grab, or any more of a cash grab than any other vinyl release? The people who want it can buy it, the people who don't don't have to.

Maybe for some people, but not everyone is TMR obsessed so they might not have those 30 variants of same single (points to self). While the price of some VMP releases has been uh, pretty questionable (hi Shabaka), 10 bucks for a 7-inch is kind of the standard in 2020.

And it sold out in hours with very little publicity so clearly the demand was there. There's plenty to be cynical about these days, but I don't think this is one of those things.

it's a single that's been in print for the past ten years, is available in (according to discogs) at least 8 different formats, and yes, while it's one of the only items VMP has gotten the market value of basically right as of late, it's also just a red vinyl pressing of something that's been around forever. If you really needed this, it's not like you couldn't have grabbed it the past ten years (or basically 20 - the SFTRI versions aren't tough to track down).

Perhaps it's cynical, but VMP knows between TMR fanboys who jumped on for another copy of De Stijl and VMP fanboys who want everything, a lazy red repress of an already easily available single was going to sell out super fast. It was easy money for them..

it's a single that's been in print for the past ten years, is available in (according to discogs) at least 8 different formats, and yes, while it's one of the only items VMP has gotten the market value of basically right as of late, it's also just a red vinyl pressing of something that's been around forever. If you really needed this, it's not like you couldn't have grabbed it the past ten years (or basically 20 - the SFTRI versions aren't tough to track down).

Perhaps it's cynical, but VMP knows between TMR fanboys who jumped on for another copy of De Stijl and VMP fanboys who want everything, a lazy red repress of an already easily available single was going to sell out super fast. It was easy money for them..
I am not a TMR fanboy, about the only thing I really enjoy is a few of their reissues and The White Stripes back catalog. I have a mall collection of 45’s that this will fit in nicely to, it was simple enough to purchase especially with no shipping cost. I would not have went out of my way to purchase it but it’s like a candy bar at the checkout line it is quick, cheap and easy, why not?

Last edited:
So I was getting ready to cancel (again) and noted that my account is set to renew at $54 for 3 months on July 1st. Which led me to thinking...if I left everything alone, what are the chances I would stay subscribed indefinitely at $18/month? It looks as though the term is set to change, so probably no dice. Anyone else seeing this?
View attachment 49042
As long as you have that screen shot they should honor it. SHOULD

It’s good! Pricey though, there’s a cool splatter limited to /1000 on band camp. Also expected to ship in July as opposed to VMP’s September.

60 remaining and going fast
Just checked: 2 left
The limited edition splatter is much nicer 👌

Back