Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Okay, THIS is a new one for me.
My Moses Sumney came with two of the first disc.
Only side 1 of disc 1 is supposed to have seven songs, but, as you can see from the photo...

View attachment 49306

Let's see how long until this is resolved.
And it better be resolved with me getting a complete copy!

Strange indeed. Ironically, meanwhile, they've sent me two copies, each in their own mailer, arriving at exactly the same time - and to my old address (work, luckily).

I only ordered one.

Last edited:
Only side 1 of disc 1 is supposed to have seven songs, but, as you can see from the photo...

View attachment 49306

I preordered Moses back when there was a 25% off code. It was sent to my old address. Sent emails about 10 days ago to try to get it redirected. Silence. Returned to sender.

View attachment 49306

I've had that happen to me a few times with double LPs. Not from VMP. I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Then you can spin Sides 1 and 2 three times each to really immerse yourself in the sound, before heading to sides 3 and 4.

Last edited:
I've had that happen to me a few times with double LPs. Not from VMP. I've sure they'll sort you out.

Then you can spin Sides 1 and 2 three times each to really immerse yourself in the sound, before heading to sides 3 and 4.
Which side 2 is one of the best sides on it...

It was pretty great to watch the reddit sub and social media yesterday when swaps failed again. LOTS of negative comments. As you said, all those new people who just signed up with the buy 2 get 1 free sub are gonna bail after this. There were lots of comments about people cancelling their subscription. Between the site malfunctions and a disappointment for a lot of people in the curation, I think they'll lose a lot of customers at the end of this month.

My buddy joined for the deal and he had to email VMP to ask if they were ever going to send out his May records. They responded and said that they have "released the order now and should be getting a shipping notification soon". So he had to email them to remind them to mail the record hah.
I signed up for this deal mid-April and the record I signed up with (Stooges) disappeared from my account and just re-appeared yesterday after a few weeks of not hearing from CS. I'm probably going to stick around for a bit because I enjoy the classics, but man it's pretty bad.

I signed up for this deal mid-April and the record I signed up with (Stooges) disappeared from my account and just re-appeared yesterday after a few weeks of not hearing from CS. I'm probably going to stick around for a bit because I enjoy the classics, but man it's pretty bad.
1590684587971.gif
spot on summary of VMP lately

It's been a minute since I updated everyone on my Woodstock Boxset issue.
What's that you don't remember??? Well it's probably because it's been over a month since anything happened and also, I'm really not that important so why would you care about my issues? Seriously, it's okay.
So the update: Finally after not hearing for a month or so and UPS never finding the boxset that they acknowledge was delivered somewhere else in Winnipeg... VMP is sending another Woodstock boxset to me. So this means that they have now sent two boxsets to Canada for $23.... Amazing.
Here's to hoping whomever delivers this package actually delivers it to my house this time

Don’t remember which thread I posted this on, but my buddy joined with the same deal. After not hearing anything about Bella Donna shipping, he emailed in to ask what’s going on and a few days later got an email saying VMP has now released the order to ship. You shouldn’t have to email a company you bought something from to remind them to ship it to you...it sucks because the product is often great. But nearly everything else about the company is mind-bogglingly bad.

It's been a minute since I updated everyone on my Woodstock Boxset issue.
What's that you don't remember??? Well it's probably because it's been over a month since anything happened and also, I'm really not that important so why would you care about my issues? Seriously, it's okay.
So the update: Finally after not hearing for a month or so and UPS never finding the boxset that they acknowledge was delivered somewhere else in Winnipeg... VMP is sending another Woodstock boxset to me. So this means that they have now sent two boxsets to Canada for $23.... Amazing.
Here's to hoping whomever delivers this package actually delivers it to my house this time

Looking forward to seeing you get 2. That'll be neat.

I received my copy of David Gray "White Ladder" today (with no shipping notification), and I'm happy to see/hear that it's actually at 45rpm. I got a snarky reply from CS to the effect of "if the product page says it's at 45, then it is...," which I didn't necessarily appreciate. It's a beautiful pressing, and I'm glad I waited it out with VMP.

I just got an invoice sent to me to pay for the White Stripes 7"

So that all worked out.

Now. They really need to fix their email system so it gets sent out BEFORE things actually go up for sale. Catering to the Reddit crowd is really annoying.

I received my copy of David Gray "White Ladder" today (with no shipping notification), and I'm happy to see/hear that it's actually at 45rpm. I got a snarky reply from CS to the effect of "if the product page says it's at 45, then it is...," which I didn't necessarily appreciate. It's a beautiful pressing, and I'm glad I waited it out with VMP.
The product pages of the vmp store are so correct, if they were on twitter they would get fact-checked

Back