Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Well my classics (which is my main account) was locked into Stevie. So looks like I'll be enjoying a second copy of that.

But I would like to point out that the fears that everyone had that they would limit swaps to only ROTMs and the four or five options they mentioned in that email turned out to be unwarranted. There are far more titles in there, the usual amount as far as I can tell. Which to me means that the credit option is a net win for everyone.
They are refusing to do manual swaps. Albums like Shabaka which would have been in the swaps in the past, are not there. It's all previous ROTMs and stuff that has been in the store for months without selling out from what I saw before the site crashed aside from Nick Hakim. A bunch of swaptions are on sale in the store for less than what a monthly ROTM is. I guess credit option is a win for people if they are locked into a year commitment because the swaps suck, but the people on the long-term swaps that are in the US are only getting $24 to spend in the store and it doesn't cover the cost of 90% of the records in the store.

They are refusing to do manual swaps. Albums like Shabaka which would have been in the swaps in the past, are not there. It's all previous ROTMs and stuff that has been in the store for months without selling out from what I saw before the site crashed aside from Nick Hakim. A bunch of swaptions are on sale in the store for less than what a monthly ROTM is. I guess credit option is a win for people if they are locked into a year commitment because the swaps suck, but the people on the long-term swaps that are in the US are only getting $24 to spend in the store and it doesn't cover the cost of 90% of the records in the store.

The only thing I haven't figured out is if I'm getting an amount equal to my swapped side-sub, or an amount equal to my 3 month international membership divided by 3.

If it's 23$, I'd just assume cancel the side-sub.

It now was working for me, I could swap for the formerly locked from last month records. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you can do too.
Thank you for the heads up โค remedied here as well. Managed to lock in:
  • Albert King โ€“ King Does The King's Things
  • The White Stripes โ€“ De Stijl
  • Nick Hakim โ€“ WILL THIS MAKE ME GOOD (๐Ÿ‘ @NathanRicaud)
  • El-P โ€“ I'll Sleep When You're Dead
  • James Booker โ€“ The Lost Paramount Tapes
  • Moses Sumney โ€“ Aromanticism
So a really solid selection to look forward to on next drop!

I equally look forward to checking my account in a week and seeing all my swaps changed or reverted ๐Ÿ˜‚

I equally look forward to checking my account in a week and seeing all my swaps changed or reverted ๐Ÿ˜‚
I hope more people grab that Nick Hakim. I really dig it. It's a bit of a depressing listen but I'm a fan--I think it's a beautiful album. That and Moses should be a nice pairing for a rainy day.

I hope more people grab that Nick Hakim. I really dig it. It's a bit of a depressing listen but I'm a fan--I think it's a beautiful album. That and Moses should be a nice pairing for a rainy day.
That's definitely what I'm counting on, and with you on finding albums that might also be depressing, beautiful. I'm at zero exposure for Moses Sumney as well so was happy to see that among the options! Out of everything the only one I've actually spent much time with is De Stijl and even that was more back in college/uni. I have a feeling I've got some really great evenings ahead with this batch ๐ŸŒƒ ๐ŸŽถ(y)

I'm glad it was finally working for you too. ๐Ÿ™‚โ˜€ Hopefully nothing will change back to old stuff. ๐Ÿ™‚It sounds like a great package you'll be getting! I'm having White Stripes, Albert King and El-P too and I've added Aretha Now separately thanks to @Ghost for that information on low stock. Seems to be an amazing album too. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

I'm glad it was finally working for you too. ๐Ÿ™‚โ˜€ Hopefully nothing will change back to old stuff. ๐Ÿ™‚It sounds like a great package you'll be getting! I'm having White Stripes, Albert King and El-P too and I've added Aretha Now separately thanks to @Ghost for that information on low stock. Seems to be an amazing album too. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
Thank you, and the same to you. Still a headache again but at least we're coming out of it with the records we wanted! Gradual improvements ๐Ÿ˜„! I got Aretha Now through the door today so will be giving it a spin tomorrow ๐Ÿ’ƒ if their other pressing is anything to go by it'll sound phehnomenal ๐Ÿ‘Œ. I hope you enjoy it as well when it arrives with the next order!

I think VMP is going dooooown. Maybe in a few months, hopefully after my annual lapses lol.

Swapped classics for that Nick Hakim. Been hearing many good things lately.
I dig that album a lot. Got his clear bandcamp version of it before VMP announced theirs and have been spinning it a lot lately. Its really beautiful.

YAY TO THE YAYERRRR! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฆ‘๐ŸŽ‰

Those six selections are all magnificent!!! ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’ฏ

That Moses Sumney is so nice to put on a rainy day! ๐ŸŒงโ˜”๏ธ and is sure to warm you up! ๐Ÿงฃ๐Ÿงค

Iโ€™m so happy with your selections! Theyโ€™re all just excellent! And Iโ€™m so happy it all got sorted out for you in the end! ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงžโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘โ™ฅ๏ธ

YAY TO THE YAYERRRR! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฆ‘๐ŸŽ‰
Those six selections are all magnificent!!! ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’ฏ
That Moses Sumney is so nice to put on a rainy day! ๐ŸŒงโ˜” and is sure to warm you up! ๐Ÿงฃ๐Ÿงค
Iโ€™m so happy with your selections! Theyโ€™re all just excellent! And Iโ€™m so happy it all got sorted out for you in the end! ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงžโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘โ™ฅ
๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŽ† YAY TO THE YAYERRRR! ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŽ†

We got there in the end ๐Ÿคœ and thank you very much, I'm really happy with them too! ๐ŸŽˆ
Another fun filled delivery to look forward to! ๐Ÿšš๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ Now if the outstanding items get shipped out with it then I'll actually be at zero issues for the first time! โ›ฑ๐ŸŽก๐ŸŽ  Heaven! โ›…

Back