Vinyl Me, Please Rock

Might wait to see if it becomes available again, but what would be the recommended and reasonably priced version to grab of Master of Reality if not? Also need Vol. 4

I believe I signed up for rock on Tuesday? I’m not sure? Whenever they sent the preview, it didn’t show what the album was but said it would start in January: I verified my sub after everyone said it sold out. As usual VMP gonna VMP, so who knows?

Pretty sure the initial run of Rock ROTM are all lower numbers to build hype. My guess is all will be repressed sometime in 2024
My main track was Rock but I swapped for credit this month then switched tracks to Essential in the hopes that would open a spot for someone else who might want Sabbath.

Man I've been looking for a Vol. 4 for a while. I can honestly say I have no idea if any of the newer presses are any good.

My 2 cents on this one because I went down that rabbit hole... I've got two copies, one is a canadian WB original press and the other is a 2011 CB that's supposed to be AAA. Both of those sound great, but since the 2011 CB was pressed at Rainbo, it's a bit more poppy than my original Canadian. I can go over some other details but I like my copy of the Canadian original better. I've also owned a mid-70's Canadian that sounded pretty good, almost as good as the original, but was noisier (that one is sold). Original UK vertigos or US WB are also supposed to be the ones to look for, but they're more expensive. Japanese NEMS (I think 1980) is the other one that's supposed to be good, but never heard.

My 2 cents on this one because I went down that rabbit hole... I've got two copies, one is a canadian WB original press and the other is a 2011 CB that's supposed to be AAA. Both of those sound great, but since the 2011 CB was pressed at Rainbo, it's a bit more poppy than my original Canadian. I can go over some other details but I like my copy of the Canadian original better. I've also owned a mid-70's Canadian that sounded pretty good, almost as good as the original, but was noisier (that one is sold). Original UK vertigos or US WB are also supposed to be the ones to look for, but they're more expensive. Japanese NEMS (I think 1980) is the other one that's supposed to be good, but never heard.
I've had the earlier JP press on my want list for a while, for some reason I didn't have the NEMS on there but I've added it. Cheers!

The 2016 Rhino of MoR is really good. It's probably been repressed since then but I don't immediately recall.

Vol 4 is definitely in no mans land unless you want to break open the piggy bank for the 2011 Bellman. The newest represses are terrible in my opinion. A sneaky way to backdoor a few songs off Vol 4 is the "Sold Our Soul" compilation which, for whatever reason, used better sources. That translucent green variant mastered by Alchemy from the last few years sounds pretty good. Unfortunately Supernaut isn't included.

I was able to add another track last night and swap for Sabbath, and some others have been able to do it as well. Keep trying.

Damn, missed out on the sign up for the Black Sabbath. If theres no slots available does that mean its sold out, or will it be available for swaps at some point do we think?

Back