Vinyl Me, Please Rock

Yeah I have the Cinco First Five LPs. box set that includes the Kevin Gray Tres Hombres, can confirm it sounds ridiculously good. Pressed at RTI too. That was a great box, only cost like $90 for 5 AAA albums all pressed at RTI with great packaging. The good old days of "cheap" all analog vinyl box sets.

I've had a few copies of Is This It over the past twenty some years and the common thread is that they've all mostly sounded like the band was recorded playing in a toilet. the VMP copy is a vast improvement on that. I think some limitations to the sound quality will always be there, but this is the best sounding copy of the album I've found yet. "clearly defined instruments" and "a Strokes album" have never really coexisted in my experience, but this one is good.

I've had a few copies of Is This It over the past twenty some years and the common thread is that they've all mostly sounded like the band was recorded playing in a toilet. the VMP copy is a vast improvement on that. I think some limitations to the sound quality will always be there, but this is the best sounding copy of the album I've found yet. "clearly defined instruments" and "a Strokes album" have never really coexisted in my experience, but this one is good.
Nice to hear! Still no shipment notice here.

I’ve heard the UK first press is the best sounding version, though that was as of a few years ago. Any chance you’ve compared it to that one?

Mine just arrived today🙌🏻

Still waiting for mine to ship. I have my 3 freebies for signing back up so that might be slowing down the shipping.

Edit: and just got a shipping notice for my 4 records

Last edited:
Is This It is pretty good! Glad to get When It Started on the vinyl record. I have a US reissue that uses the original stampers from Ray Janos at Sterling. I’ll have to do a little more comparison but the VMP cut is slightly quieter but maybe a little more defined? The Sterling cut has always sounded great to me though.

Is This It is pretty good! Glad to get When It Started on the vinyl record. I have a US reissue that uses the original stampers from Ray Janos at Sterling. I’ll have to do a little more comparison but the VMP cut is slightly quieter but maybe a little more defined? The Sterling cut has always sounded great to me though.
I think the source material will always limit this album from sounding “audiophile” but thought the VMP sounded solid. Don’t have any others to compare to on vinyl though

Back