Vinyl Me, Please Rock

I’m in for The Strokes, ZZ Top and Stone Temple Pilots. I have a KG cut of the Bowie mix of Raw Power, but may double dip for VMP’s version since it’s the Iggy mix.

I’m excited to see what they bring to this track in the future. Fingers crossed for some more metal to make it into the track.

Oh, probably gonna jump in for Iggy and ZZ Top for sure as I somehow don't have a copy of either of those records. Will be very interested to see how they play this track going forward too. Lots of potential here. But also a lot of potential for cringe picks.

I've got the KPG Bowie/Iggy 2LP of Raw Power but unfortunately like most recent pressings it's the Iggy 97 mix so ANY improvement on that would be greatly appreciated.

These are literally the waveforms of two of the Iggy mixes from that album.

GimmeDanger-1997.jpgYourPrettyFace-1997.jpg

Like, Jesus Christ.

I've got the KPG Bowie/Iggy 2LP of Raw Power but unfortunately like most recent pressings it's the Iggy 97 mix so ANY improvement on that would be greatly appreciated.

These are literally the waveforms of two of the Iggy mixes from that album.

View attachment 174267View attachment 174268

Like, Jesus Christ.
Rick Rubin would be proud.

My thoughts exactly. Really enjoyed that subscription while it lasted.
My wife and I are honestly heartbroken over the whole affair. We learned about so much music over the past six years or so. The club was great and the Crowbar was a great way to send it off.

Good luck, I suppose, to VMP. I have zero interest in these tracks so far.

Seriously, I'm assuming VMP must be using the original mix or some alternate they found or something, because if they're trying to use the Iggy 97 I mean, there's nothing there... literally. KPG already did it and it's KINDA listenable on his. Kinda.
I think there’s no getting around it. The album is fucked. And that’s honestly part of the charm.

I can’t imagine the VMP version will be much better, whatever mix they are going with. I’d love to be wrong though.

Seriously, I'm assuming VMP must be using the original mix or some alternate they found or something, because if they're trying to use the Iggy 97 I mean, there's nothing there... literally. KPG already did it and it's KINDA listenable on his. Kinda.

Nothing says audiophile material like Iggy Pop and The Stooges

It's AAA. apparently they legit gave iggy the tapes in 97 to work from, so they have master tapes of iggy's mix. I don't know how that's going to allow them to un-brickwall the record, but stooges are not a band whose music is full of delicate nuance.

It's AAA. apparently they legit gave iggy the tapes in 97 to work from, so they have master tapes of iggy's mix. I don't know how that's going to allow them to un-brickwall the record, but stooges are not a band whose music is full of delicate nuance.
I highly doubt the original tape is brick walled. I’m sure Iggy used what ever nonsense they gave him in 97 and that’s why it is brick walled.

Yeah I mean unless they have the tapes that Iggy USED, rather than the tapes that Iggy PRODUCED I cannot imagine how they can do any more with this than has already been done.

Start a new account? They are doing this as a preorder though, so maybe you can sign up for a year.
you can. If you go to the website without logging in it gives you the option to join with it as your track.

I highly doubt the original tape is brick walled. I’m sure Iggy used what ever nonsense they gave him in 97 and that’s why it is brick walled.
the original tapes aren't brickwalled; but iggy mixed using those and the resulting mix from that is likely brickwalled because that's just what 1997 was like all the fucking time. I'm assuming. No way to know until it's in someone's hands and they listen to it.

Back