Vinyl Me, Please Rock

Anybody wonder if we might be focusing too much on British bands as the indie pick? UK would also include Scotland, I believe. There were some good bands kicking around there at the time as well. The question is if VMP is claiming the band formed in the early 2000s, or if the album was just released in that period.

Anybody wonder if we might be focusing too much on British bands as the indie pick? UK would also include Scotland, I believe. There were some good bands kicking around there at the time as well. The question is if VMP is claiming the band formed in the early 2000s, or if the album was just released in that period.
The problem is most stuff is way, way accessible Hardcore Will Never Die would be good. but you can pick it up anywhere. Same for Let's Get Out of this Country (which would be stretching 'rock' somewhat), Midnight Organ Fight and Glasvegas (Glasvegas).

And Idlewild are shit

Scotland is both a part of Britain and the UK. The only part of the UK that isn’t in Britain is Northern Ireland.

The problem is most stuff is way, way accessible Hardcore Will Never Die would be good. but you can pick it up anywhere. Same for Let's Get Out of this Country (which would be stretching 'rock' somewhat), Midnight Organ Fight and Glasvegas (Glasvegas).

And Idlewild are shit
Mogwai was a thought, yeah, though their stuff is indeed very available in the wild. Was thinking The Beta Band would fit nicely into this category ... even if the band just reissued their entire catalogue a couple of years ago.

The Vaselines would be interesting too, though only Enter The Vaselines even moderately fits the dates and I don't know if VMP would do a comp like that. Anyway, I find it odd that nobody has any idea what that pick might be yet.

the major guess for everyone is my chemical romances three cheers.. which sorry but I already own and it sounds solid so I dunno if they could give me a reason to pif my urban outfitters copy

storf soft confirmed that it is one of the artists on this list
  • Panic! At the Disco – A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
  • Brand New – Deja Entendu
  • Paramore – Riot!
  • Dashboard Confessional – The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
  • Taking Back Sunday – Where You Want to Be
  • The Get Up Kids – Something to Write Home About
  • Saves the Day – Through Being Cool
  • Weezer – Pinkerton
  • Jimmy Eats World – Clarity
  • My Chemical Romance – Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
  • Fallout Boy – From Under the Corked Tree
removing Pinkerton and dashboard because they did an essentials and store exclusive respectively, brand new because of what jesse did, and moving the albums to their 2nd album

Paramore - Riot
Panic! at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be
Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About
Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
Fallout Boy - Under the Corked Tree

my guess is its taking back sunday

storf soft confirmed that it is one of the artists on this list
  • Panic! At the Disco – A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
  • Brand New – Deja Entendu
  • Paramore – Riot!
  • Dashboard Confessional – The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
  • Taking Back Sunday – Where You Want to Be
  • The Get Up Kids – Something to Write Home About
  • Saves the Day – Through Being Cool
  • Weezer – Pinkerton
  • Jimmy Eats World – Clarity
  • My Chemical Romance – Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
  • Fallout Boy – From Under the Corked Tree
removing Pinkerton and dashboard because they did an essentials and store exclusive respectively, brand new because of what jesse did, and moving the albums to their 2nd album

Paramore - Riot
Panic! at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be
Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About
Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
Fallout Boy - Under the Corked Tree

my guess is its taking back sunday
Not for nothing but the sclusie doesn’t prevent a rotm in the add on tracks… just ask Jolene. And honestly with Matt in charge, Pinkerton may be in play too.

Riot! would be a good get for them because 1) it's good and 2) it sounds like garbage on vinyl so it's absolutely going to be Taking Back Sunday.

New American Classic tho...

Back