Vinyl Me, Please Rock

System of a Down isn't white guys. And to be fair, rock was a genre whose genesis was just white guys playing black music. it's a very white, male heavy genre. But I'm sure we'll get diversity soon like we do in all the tracks.
Armenian-Americans are not people of color, although I definitely acknowledge that they're part of underrepresented group in music, and that counts for something.

I obviously know that rock music is a white, male heavy genre. There are many, many great rock bands that aren't made up of white American males. I'm sure we'll see diversity like you say, but for a company that seems to prioritize their image/brand above everything else, it's a really odd set of launch titles.

Armenian-Americans are not people of color, although I definitely acknowledge that they're part of underrepresented group in music, and that counts for something.
As a white latino with no accent, in the US, I can pass if i want to, and I'm often taken as a white American until i speak Spanish. Even then I've been asked where i learned it, oh my gosh you don't even have an accent in spanish.

Whiteness is a bullshit agreed upon construct. No one is giving the SOAD dudes the good old fashioned racism that darker-skinned folks get in the US, but neither are they welcomed as "white" (And i don't think they'd consider themselves that way either). They're 'white' in the way that American jews or white Latinos are 'white': technically yeah, but juuust foreign enough that they're (well, we're,) considered "other". The way Italians and poles used to be, and the Irish before them.

honestly with the records i really like that they've announced in the leak (the strokes depends on how it compares to the MOV pressing but SOAD, ZZ Top, maybe Stooges look great), along with some of the rumored big gets the discord has suspicion of getting, this might be enough for me to subscribe for a 6 month sub instead of a 3 month sub... i don't like the sublime album and first impressions on STP are they are just ok but I am fairly excited for what is coming

honestly with the records i really like that they've announced in the leak (the strokes depends on how it compares to the MOV pressing but SOAD, ZZ Top, maybe Stooges look great), along with some of the rumored big gets the discord has suspicion of getting, this might be enough for me to subscribe for a 6 month sub instead of a 3 month sub... i don't like the sublime album and first impressions on STP are they are just ok but I am fairly excited for what is coming
I imagine this track is going to be (like RHH) a money maker for them, with a lot of churn in membership, fills joining for just an album or two.

As a white latino with no accent, in the US, I can pass if i want to, and I'm often taken as a white American until i speak Spanish. Even then I've been asked where i learned it, oh my gosh you don't even have an accent in spanish.

Whiteness is a bullshit agreed upon construct. No one is giving the SOAD dudes the good old fashioned racism that darker-skinned folks get in the US, but neither are they welcomed as "white" (And i don't think they'd consider themselves that way either). They're 'white' in the way that American jews or white Latinos are 'white': technically yeah, but juuust foreign enough that they're (well, we're,) considered "other". The way Italians and poles used to be, and the Irish before them.

One of the minority groups you mentioned and 100% agree

ok confirmed things now that the is this it pressing is officially online

lacquers cut by RKS
has NYC Cops and When It Started on it
the original US cover art (not the European nude art)
free access to a month of digital CREEM magazine (and a month of physical if you have 12 months)
pressed at Gz in blue and orange splatter vinyl

still unsure if this is worth it over my MOV copy

Last edited:

lacquers cut by RKS
has NYC Cops on it
free access to a month of digital CREEM magazine (and a month of physical if you have 12 months)

This is really tempting, but alas I think it'll be a hard sell to double dip on this one.

lacquers cut by RKS
has NYC Cops on it

The big thing is NYC Cops and When It Started both being on, right? Didn't feel like digging through all vinyl versions on cogs, but I don't think When It Started has been on vinyl previously.

also the vinyl track formatting changed a bit, now alone together and last night are at the end of side A, probably to give room for when it started and NYC cops being on the same side

Back