Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

So it took me waaaayyy longer than promised but I played my 2014 Get On Down Copy of Lord Willin' at 33rpm then popped on the VMP version at 45rpm and the VMP version does sound kinda better to me but not by a huge amount. The 2014 press sounds perfectly fine to me though. Bear in mind i am no way an audiophile and dont have a true setup either. It's an atlp5 with powered monitors. @Clint Howard

The VMP version the cover is darker which is a negative for such colourful artwork but its glossy, gatefold with nice printed inners and overall a nicer package

So it took me waaaayyy longer than promised but I played my 2014 Get On Down Copy of Lord Willin' at 33rpm then popped on the VMP version at 45rpm and the VMP version does sound kinda better to me but not by a huge amount. The 2014 press sounds perfectly fine to me though. Bear in mind i am no way an audiophile and dont have a true setup either. It's an atlp5 with powered monitors. @Clint Howard

The VMP version the cover is darker which is a negative for such colourful artwork but its glossy, gatefold with nice printed inners and overall a nicer package

if your homie comes over and wants to listen to clipse, which one do you grab? lol

From Storf via Reddit:
View attachment 15469

Hey haters, maybe he does know what he’s talking about after all!

More likely that just shows VMP underestimated their OutKast numbers. It can still be true that, with unlimited inventory, OutKast would’ve outsold The Roots.

(Tbh I like The Roots way, way more than OutKast, but I’m not a hip hop head.)

I WANT A CLUE STORF!!! 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♀️

I’m so eager know what the next Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM will be! I have a feeling the last three R&HH picks of this year will be 🔥🔥🔥

WE NEED PLAYBOI CARTI’s DIE LIT & JID’s DICAPRIO 2! Pleeeeeeeeeeease! I want to go on my knees and beg for it! 😂🙈

I have a 75% feeling that we will get one of the two (JID or Playboi Carti) in the next three months as Storf said two of the next three R&HH ROTM’s will be albums issued on vinyl for the first time 💡

I also have such a strong feeling we will get Megan Thee Stallion’s “Fever” !!! One of her tracks from that album are featured on the FADER VMP exclusive release and VMP love that album! AND I LOVE THAT ALBUM TOO!!! 💯

I’m feeling really good what will come from this track in the next 3 months! 🤞🌈

a$ap rocky new album will be before the end of the year..
Jpeg Mafias album releases next month and will need a vinyl release..

hmm
I LOVE JPEGMAFIA AND CANNOT WAIT FOR HIS UPCOMING ALBUM!!! ❤️😁

I can definitely imagine VMP jumping onto JPEGMAFIA and doing an exclusive of it! And I can also imagine JPEGMAFIA himself accepting to collaborate with VMP!

Really ever since it was briefly in the running for this past month’s RHH, all I now want from VMP is Curren$y’s Pilot Talk. And maybe Pilot Talk 2 and 3 as exclusives.
There’s so much I want from VMP but with the recent talk of A Tribe Called Quest’s Midnight Marauders, all I’d want is VMP to make that an Essentials ROTM on 2xLP with The Low End Theory being a side exclusive! 🤤🤤🤤

I LOVE JPEGMAFIA AND CANNOT WAIT FOR HIS UPCOMING ALBUM!!! ❤😁

I can definitely imagine VMP jumping onto JPEGMAFIA and doing an exclusive of it! And I can also imagine JPEGMAFIA himself accepting to collaborate with VMP!

I cant see them doing it tho.
VMP are soft. They dont want to touch anything that might upset people.
If the wiggles was more popular VMP would just press endless wiggles albums.

I cant see them doing it tho.
VMP are soft. They dont want to touch anything that might upset people.
If the wiggles was more popular VMP would just press endless wiggles albums.
But VMP are very indie and JPEGMAFIA is an artist who the indie/hipster audience love! He was featured on Flume’s album this year, on Channel Tres’ EP this year and on TKAY Maidza’s latest single! VMP really likes Channel Tres and TKAY Maidza, and I’m sure they like Flume!

VMP would totally hop into JPEGMAFIA if they had the chance too! And what do you mean VMP are too soft? They did Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III as a ROTM which had tracks such as “Pussy Monster”.

JPEGMAFIA is literally one of the hottest people in music right now, his features on songs this year have been incredible, his COLORS performance and his new album will have artists like Jeff Tweedy and James Blake on it!

Trust me man, VMP would totally collaborate with him! 100%!

@Believer101 - VMP also did an exclusive of Danny Brown’s “Atrocity Exhibition” - a wild hip-hop album and also did Earl Sweatshirt’s “I Don’t Like Shit, I Don’t Go Outside”.

Also, JPEGMAFIA’s solo concert in Melbourne (which was announced 2 days ago) sold out in less than an hour and at least 80% of the audience will be white people.

So yeah.....JPEGMAFIA’s upcoming album makes perfect sense for VMP to do. If James Blake and Jeff Tweedy worked on it, then...yeah VMP would do an exclusive of it if they had the chance!

Back