Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Ahhhhh he said first vinyl reissue and first vinyl release! That means the first vinyl reissue could be anything from the 1980’s, 1990’s or 2000’s or 2010’s (just like with The Roots’ ROTM). It could be sooooo many albums! 🤔

But the vinyl for the first time I’m sure would be a more recent hip-hop record!

Also, I’m so happy to hear that VMP are trying to get Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever on Vinyl! Makes me so excited! 😁🐶

I’m not sure what is “more recent” to you, but you could probably go back to the mid or late 90s to begin finding RHH albums that never got a vinyl release.
I thought of that too, but I doubt VMP would ever do that. It's certainly possible but I think VMP will go with an album that has been released within the last 5 years. I think it will be JID's DiCaprio 2, as someone mentioned that JID tweeted a while back that he's collaborating with VMP!

Shoutout to @wynn72 for bringing it Storf’s attention! I love wynn72! I find his music taste so unique and interesting! His music taste stands out to me from everyone else’s on here! 💎

Haha thanks. My music taste is diverse if anything. I know too many people who's music taste is stuck strictly in one or two genres, makes no sense to me. Would you only watch one or two genres of movies? So much good stuff out there I feel people overlook because they've dismissed certain types of music.

But regardless, pumped VMP seems to be working on Megan Thee Stallion. Definitely my top Rap album of the year (so far) and needs to be on Vinyl. Hope they can make it happen, especially since she seems to be quickly blowing up this Hot Girl Summer.

Haha thanks. My music taste is diverse if anything. I know too many people who's music taste is stuck strictly in one or two genres, makes no sense to me. Would you only watch one or two genres of movies? So much good stuff out there I feel people overlook because they've dismissed certain types of music.

But regardless, pumped VMP seems to be working on Megan Thee Stallion. Definitely my top Rap album of the year (so far) and needs to be on Vinyl. Hope they can make it happen, especially since she seems to be quickly blowing up this Hot Girl Summer.
Yeah, she is blowing up because Cash Shit is also starting to get more big, a single from "Fever". Let's hope VMP make it happen because it's a top 5 rap album of 2019 so far for me! It'll be a huge get for VMP if they exclusively release Fever on vinyl

Guess Me Please #1: October 2019
renderTimingPixel.png

I'm on vacation starting tomorrow through next week so thought I'd get this ball rolling and leave y'all to it.
You already know the Classics album. Do not overthink this: Vinyl Me, Please Partnering With Fania On Three Reissues, Merch, And VMP Classics Record Of The Month

For Essentials and RHH: One of them is celebrating its 20th anniversary, the other is celebrating its 25th.

For Essentials and RHH: One of them is celebrating its 20th anniversary, the other is celebrating its 25th.

'Scuse my language....IM HYPE FOR THIS.....but what a dumb fucking clue. lmfao

I guess we need a list of every release from 99 and 94.

EDIT: BLOWOUT COMB ME BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Released Oct 1994. Gotta be it.

Edit #2: Although, it is easily available......but that also means nothing.

renderTimingPixel.png

I'm on vacation starting tomorrow through next week so thought I'd get this ball rolling and leave y'all to it.
You already know the Classics album. Do not overthink this: Vinyl Me, Please Partnering With Fania On Three Reissues, Merch, And VMP Classics Record Of The Month

Hammer - The Funky Headhunter (1994). Most definitely going to be this.

renderTimingPixel.png

So we have two confirmed years coming out essentially? 1999 and 1994?

If 25 years Essentials: Bush, Live, Hole (goddammit) Green Day, Blur, REM, Veruca Salt (oooh!...see, I'm not completely sexist...) are possibilities for essentials, shit there are a lot
If 25 years RHH: Wu Tang or Coolio or Redman or Bone Thugs, shit there are a lot

If 20 years Essentials: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus, Blink 182, Foo Fighters, 311, Counting Crows, Blur (weird), shit there are a lot
If 20 years: Mos Def, Dr Dre, GZA, Missy Elliott, Eve, Rakim, shit there are a lot

renderTimingPixel.png

I wonder if he means specifically that these albums came out in october of each year?

In all seriousness, I could see them doing Digable Planets - Blowout Comb

EDIT: Just checked Amazon... it’s over $20 there, so that probably rules this out

If it was 14.99 it would be the pick for sure lmao!!!!
Could be O.C. Word Life
Pete Rock & CL Smooth Main Ingredient
I'd love Death Row - Murder Was The Case Soundtrack with DVD extra!!! (one can dream)
Brand Nubian - Everything is Everything
Twista OR Common - Resurrection (they both dropped in Chicago, the same month, with the same title lmfao)"
Keith Murray
Big Daddy Kane - Daddy's Home

CRAIG MACK - PROJECT FUNK THE WORLD.......i think this my fave so far. They did Hardcore. We got the Big Mack sampler at RSD

Back