Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Got this email just a few minutes ago

An update on your March VMP HipHop order for Ol' Dirty Bastard Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version:

Our Hip Hop Record of the Month flew off the shelves faster than we expected! That said, there will be a delay in receiving your copy — currently, the ETA for receiving additional copies is June. Once those land, we will ship your copy of ODB separately from everything else, ensuring it arrives on your doorstep as early as possible. If you have other titles slated to ship this month, those will ship out on their usual timeline.

As a thanks for your patience and continued support, we’re enclosing a discount code for $85 off to use in the store on any ready-to-ship product:

We greatly appreciate your patience as we grow, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can answer any questions.

- The VMP Team

Yay...

An update on your March VMP HipHop order for Ol' Dirty Bastard Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version:

Our Hip Hop Record of the Month flew off the shelves faster than we expected! That said, there will be a delay in receiving your copy — currently, the ETA for receiving additional copies is June. Once those land, we will ship your copy of ODB separately from everything else, ensuring it arrives on your doorstep as early as possible. If you have other titles slated to ship this month, those will ship out on their usual timeline.

As a thanks for your patience and continued support, we’re enclosing a discount code for $85 off to use in the store on any ready-to-ship product:

We greatly appreciate your patience as we grow, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can answer any questions.

- The VMP Team

Yay...
Used the code to get ATCQ: The Love Movement for free 99. I'll take that W.

Last edited:

- The VMP Team

Yay...
The Buckets are back!!

I signed up with a year-long membership using a 40% off code via the Shop app. I did this before the New Year so I would get the extra 8 records. I understood that I was likely exploiting a workaround but I also figured it was worth a shot. Nothing was ever sent and they just kept my money for 2 months. I hit them up about activation since the status was still at "pending " They told me my free records email should be coming, but I reiterated that I received NOTHING at all other than a confirmation and a charge. I was then told they'd look into it. A couple weeks went by.

Without further follow up, I got an email that I had been refunded in the tone that they had solved my issue and done me a favor, as if that's what I had requested. I told them I hadn’t asked to be refunded and they told me that I could simply repurchase -- full price outside of the free record window, of course.

I figured I would just let it go, but it sucked because I was initially going to do a shorter membership to get that ODB and did the 12-month only because the Shop App allowed me to use that code. Now I'm more bummed out with these $85 credits being given out -- I'm always in the delayed bucket. Of course... these things happen when you live like a sneaky boy. It doesn't always work out.

On a positive note, rather than sign up again, I chose to use that LOVE40 code to stack during their warehouse sale and get some stuff I was planning to add as free records on the cheap.

SmartSelect_20240306_123503_Gmail.jpg

I signed up with a year-long membership using a 40% off code via the Shop app. I did this before the New Year so I would get the extra 8 records. I understood that I was likely exploiting a workaround but I also figured it was worth a shot. Nothing was ever sent and they just kept my money for 2 months. I hit them up about activation since the status was still at "pending " They told me my free records email should be coming, but I reiterated that I received NOTHING at all other than a confirmation and a charge. I was then told they'd look into it. A couple weeks went by.

Without further follow up, I got an email that I had been refunded in the tone that they had solved my issue and done me a favor, as if that's what I had requested. I told them I hadn’t asked to be refunded and they told me that I could simply repurchase -- full price outside of the free record window, of course.

I figured I would just let it go, but it sucked because I was initially going to do a shorter membership to get that ODB and did the 12-month only because the Shop App allowed me to use that code. Now I'm more bummed out with these $85 credits being given out -- I'm always in the delayed bucket. Of course... these things happen when you live like a sneaky boy. It doesn't always work out.

On a positive note, rather than sign up again, I chose to use that LOVE40 code to stack during their warehouse sale and get some stuff I was planning to add as free records on the cheap.

View attachment 197036
Not that it particularly excuses it, but their support folks over the holiday are basically all-new folks that are super green. I'd ordered the M Ward Transfiguration of Vincent and managed to pick up Herbie's VSOP Under the Sky in a TBT, and when I noticed that VSOP was being held up by waiting for the preoder period for MWard, I emailed about cancelling MWard. "Sure, no problem!" says the reply email, quickly followed by a "your VSOP is cancelled" email and an assurance that MWard will show up ASAP. I emailed back that this was in fact the exact opposite of what I wanted, pls fix and a different support agent was like oh looks like we're sold out of VSOP it's not in stock, too bad so sad. Again I complain and the dude fixes it with the promo code HELPIMESSEDUP. I wound up reaching out to Paul on the discord and he sorted it all out, but it took a minute.

Not that it particularly excuses it, but their support folks over the holiday are basically all-new folks that are super green. I'd ordered the M Ward Transfiguration of Vincent and managed to pick up Herbie's VSOP Under the Sky in a TBT, and when I noticed that VSOP was being held up by waiting for the preoder period for MWard, I emailed about cancelling MWard. "Sure, no problem!" says the reply email, quickly followed by a "your VSOP is cancelled" email and an assurance that MWard will show up ASAP. I emailed back that this was in fact the exact opposite of what I wanted, pls fix and a different support agent was like oh looks like we're sold out of VSOP it's not in stock, too bad so sad. Again I complain and the dude fixes it with the promo code HELPIMESSEDUP. I wound up reaching out to Paul on the discord and he sorted it all out, but it took a minute.

That seems like classic decline of the forum-era VMP to me

That seems like classic decline of the forum-era VMP to me
That was before my time but I disagree

They took care of the issue pretty quickly and it was only a problem because their folks were new and inexperienced and I think they only put them on because it was the winter holiday time, lots of places go on skeleton crew between Xmas and new years

Back