Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Replacement Outkast ATLiens C/D showed up. VMP shipped them in their standard mailer. Records were in a polylined paper sleeve inside of a plain white cardboard jacket with VMP logo printed on it. Actually did a decent job mailing this out!

@TenderLovingKiller® , I PMed you about sending one of my extra C/D records to you.

Replacement Outkast ATLiens C/D showed up. VMP shipped them in their standard mailer. Records were in a polylined paper sleeve inside of a plain white cardboard jacket with VMP logo printed on it. Actually did a decent job mailing this out!

@TenderLovingKiller® , I PMed you about sending one of my extra C/D records to you.
Well I hope I get an A/B too because I don't have a good copy of that either...

So, put on the Outkast second disc replacement.

Surface noise is STILL there, albeit much, much fainter than it was on the original.
Overall, I guess it's an upgrade, but there wasn't anywhere to go but up.

Last edited:
View attachment 132342
All THREE replacements of mine look like this.

aha... ahahahaha... AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAA

View attachment 132343
giphy.gif

View attachment 132342
All THREE replacements of mine look like this.

aha... ahahahaha... AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAA

View attachment 132343
I haven't actually taken mine out of the goofy VMP cardboard sleeves, but when moving them to the basement one had both ends bowed up whole in the outer so I have zero faith on that one. Hopefully the other is fine

The problem with Midnight Marauders in comparison to their other releases is that the most readily available version is all packed on a single LP and thusly fairly quiet. Their other readily available albums (essentially everything except The Love Movement) is properly spread across 2 LPs.
A heretical question for sure, as I have original CDs of both albums but not the LPs ... if the original recordings were made digitally and the original releases were on CD, what makes the LPs better? 😈

A heretical question for sure, as I have original CDs of both albums but not the LPs ... if the original recordings were made digitally and the original releases were on CD, what makes the LPs better? 😈
Nothing. Once it’s digital it’s more of an aesthetic preference than anything but if you are going to listen to the digital release on vinyl you would still prefer the best fidelity that the format can provide, right?

I will say, for what it's worth considering the epic epic warp, once I flatten it down there is no noise on the first disc I checked. Sooooo, looks like you get either flat and noisy or warped and silent.

I will say, for what it's worth considering the epic epic warp, once I flatten it down there is no noise on the first disc I checked. Sooooo, looks like you get either flat and noisy or warped and silent.
I will say though, even though I did say there was still noise, it is really faint but because I'm specifically looking out for it I'm definitely going to notice it. Had it been a standard playthrough without paying much attention I would have probably not complained about it.

Mine is flat though, so maybe the weight of my monthly box is crushing yours on the way to Toronto.

I will say though, even though I did say there was still noise, it is really faint but because I'm specifically looking out for it I'm definitely going to notice it. Had it been a standard playthrough without paying much attention I would have probably not complained about it.

Mine is flat though, so maybe the weight of my monthly box is crushing yours on the way to Toronto.
Ha yeah, I wish it were as simple as bad shipping. But I had one enormous dish warp (Lightnin'), 3 enormous edge warps (ATliens) and then a totally flat Mars Volta (Amputechture).

-GIANT SHRUG-

Back