Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Chance albums released today and how that potentially ties into the RHH/Essentials sub and exclusives moving forward. I was tempted to pick up Acid Rap but at $85AUD shipped it was a bit much. Hopefully VMP do their own releases.
There is rumors on another forum that when chance's site first updated it said something about VMP handling these, so I'd imagine they are doing something. I'll probably order via Chance's site, but with international shipping it's probably worth the wait for you to see if VMP lists it.

There is rumors on another forum that when chance's site first updated it said something about VMP handling these, so I'd imagine they are doing something. I'll probably order via Chance's site, but with international shipping it's probably worth the wait for you to see if VMP lists it.
Yeah if VMP are doing it seems impossible that they wouldn’t also offer through their site, and use as an opportunity to attract new customers

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Chance albums released today and how that potentially ties into the RHH/Essentials sub and exclusives moving forward. I was tempted to pick up Acid Rap but at $85AUD shipped it was a bit much. Hopefully VMP do their own releases.

Reddit is saying that the site said Acid Rap will be a ROTM in the fall and the other two as bundles but then it was scrubbed

So I'm seeing now that long time members who have had RHH subbed since the beginning of their memberships, had their RHH subs randomly dropped on announce day and are unable to re-sub to get Tical due to the "sell out". All this after Storf said equal numbers were pressed of Tical and Outkast so everyone currently subbed would get it. So not only are people not getting it, they're being arbitrarily kicked out of the sub.

Huh.
Huh huh...
Huh huh huh huh...

This is exactly what happened to me @Mather I finally got through to CS and asked them why, after I have been subbed since the beginning, had I been kicked out. Pauly said they dont know why its happened but confirmed its something that has affected several members. He was able to add Tical to my account by swapping the essentials for it (which I did ask to be done). I will still need to add R&HH to my membership next month to continue on with it (assuming its not sold out again, in which case their error will cause me to miss out).

My concern now is that I only noticed because I was actively looking to swap out the essentials. Had that not been the case I wouldn't have realised that I wasn't getting Tical until the box appeared (assuming I just glanced at the reciept). I would assume that several people were in the same position and will likely be disappointed when their box arrives.

Not a rumor - I saw and checked out in the first min or two before the crash and the edit. VMP was definitely mentioned. Something about in partnership with VMP or similar wording - don't remember the exact words.

Reddit is saying that the site said Acid Rap will be a ROTM in the fall and the other two as bundles but then it was scrubbed

Hmmm...this may be rumor/speculation. Never saw any of that - maybe it was written some place I didn't see during my rush of checking out. Each record definitely said they were made in partnership (summarizing) with VMP - but didn't see anything more than that regarding their relationship or plans. Didn't see anything in terms of ROTM or bundling.

CHANCE THE RAPPER as a VMP ROTM will be the ROTM that Storf claimed as the ‘surprise’ ROTM!

I’m very happy with that, as I love Acid Rap and Coloring Book..........but I really wish we were getting Frank Ocean, particularly Blonde or Channel ORANGE!

I’m so keen to see what the ROTM’s for August will be! Sleater-Kinney, if that’s the Essentials ROTM for August 2019, will be an instant swap for me!

So keen to see the Chance The Rapper mixtapes on the VMP site! I’m really liking VMP’s input towards hip-hop as of recent

I hope so because 44 a piece (shipped) is killing me!!!! I'd imagine it's even worse to ship to Australia!
Tell me about it! Shipping costs to Australia are always so high! 😭 😩🥺

VMP better be selling the Chance The Rapper mixtapes if they were directly involved in the pressing!

Coloring Book really does call back to the days of Kanye West’s “College Dropout”, Jill Scott’s “Beautifully Human” and Common’s “Be”, so I would really love to have that record on vinyl! Such positively sunny, feel-good vibes! It really does have a family reunion + good food aesthetic!

CHANCE THE RAPPER as a VMP ROTM will be the ROTM that Storf claimed as the ‘surprise’ ROTM!

I’m very happy with that, as I love Acid Rap and Coloring Book..........but I really wish we were getting Frank Ocean, particularly Blonde or Channel ORANGE!

I’m so keen to see what the ROTM’s for August will be! Sleater-Kinney, if that’s the Essentials ROTM for August 2019, will be an instant swap for me!

So keen to see the Chance The Rapper mixtapes on the VMP site! I’m really liking VMP’s input towards hip-hop as of recent
Where do ya see anything about Chance on the VMP site or in their store though...? I know Chance's site briefly said in partnership with VMP, but it could just be VMP handling the production/sales on his site. They aren't going to sell the same versions on VMP and say it's an exclusive...

My thoughts are that either A) VMP is expanding to handle production on vinyl for other artists who don't want to deal with logistics themselves since VMP already has some sort of infrastructure....or B) Chance's new album will be RHH and they will do a bundle of his others in exclusive color pressings like they did with FlyLo.

Where do ya see anything about Chance on the VMP site or in their store though...? I know Chance's site briefly said in partnership with VMP, but it could just be VMP handling the production/sales on his site. They aren't going to sell the same versions on VMP and say it's an exclusive...

My thoughts are that either A) VMP is expanding to handle production on vinyl for other artists who don't want to deal with logistics themselves since VMP already has some sort of infrastructure....or B) Chance's new album will be RHH and they will do a bundle of his others in exclusive color pressings like they did with FlyLo.
mmmmmm I see where you’re coming from! But when has there been an instance where VMP did a pressing in partnership/handled a pressing and didn’t sell it through their site? (VMP Anthology is a different case) 🤔

If VMP is ‘expanding to handle production’ and won’t sell those albums through their site, then they need to stop and just step back and think. It seems like VMP is fucking up too much nowadays and the thought of them ‘expanding to handle other labels pressing/vinyl etc’ frustrates me! 🙈

FOMO is already reaching its boiling point here. I wanna wait and see if VMP is going to sell all three mixtapes on their website but I also just want to buy them right now from Chance’s website to secure a copy and pay $33 shipping 😅

Is anyone else shocked that VMP is doing a pressing of Lil Kim’s “Hardcore”??? 😲

Like I thought that album would’ve been too nasty and filthy lyrically for them to consider pressing. But I love that they are doing an exclusive of it! 😈

If there is one hip-hop album I really want VMP to exclusively press, it would be Dr Dre’s The Chronic 2001! That would honestly be something special! It makes me think that VMP pressing The Chronic 2001 is definitely likely in the future, now that they did Lil Kim’s Hardcore as an exclusive! 🤞

Is anyone else shocked that VMP is doing a pressing of Lil Kim’s “Hardcore”??? 😲

Like I thought that album would’ve been too nasty and filthy lyrically for them to consider pressing. But I love that they are doing an exclusive of it! 😈

If there is one hip-hop album I really want VMP to exclusively press, it would be Dr Dre’s The Chronic 2001! That would honestly be something special! It makes me think that VMP pressing The Chronic 2001 is definitely likely in the future, now that they did Lil Kim’s Hardcore as an exclusive! 🤞
I remember buying the PA version of 2001 with my mom at Target. Just glad she didn't look at the tracklist...

mmmmmm I see where you’re coming from! But when has there been an instance where VMP did a pressing in partnership/handled a pressing and didn’t sell it through their site? (VMP Anthology is a different case) 🤔

If VMP is ‘expanding to handle production’ and won’t sell those albums through their site, then they need to stop and just step back and think. It seems like VMP is fucking up too much nowadays and the thought of them ‘expanding to handle other labels pressing/vinyl etc’ frustrates me! 🙈
There's a reason why that VMP tidbit was deleted from Chance's site. They aren't gonna do Acid Rap as ROTM with it available for sale on Chance's site for the first time as well. Most people would have already bought it from Chance's site. It would make zero sense financially for VMP to do that. It will essentially turn them into Newbury Comics v2.0. It's more realistic that they would do these albums as like a pressing of 1500 in a bundle or sold separately like they did with FlyLo on a different color variant with his new record as RHH.

Them expanding to handle production would be a smart move for them business-wise IMO. Extra money coming in and makes it simpler for artists to put their stuff on vinyl with less worries on their side. I also don't really see it as a fuck up on their part...maybe they shouldn't brand it as VMP if members don't have special access to it, but VMP has given artists like Noname and Saba a bunch of copies of their VMP exclusives to sell on their own sites and it has never been a big deal to VMP members.

Who knows, maybe they will also sell these variants on their site, but Chance says these will be sold exclusively through his website. The color variants are awesome on these so at best, I'd think that VMP might do a different color variant for their store. I'm completely guessing though.

I don't blame international people for not jumping on these at all. That shipping is cray. For me, since I'm no longer a VMP member, I grabbed all three and the shipping wasn't bad at all. Still expensive for 3 albums though...

FOMO is already reaching its boiling point here. I wanna wait and see if VMP is going to sell all three mixtapes on their website but I also just want to buy them right now from Chance’s website to secure a copy and pay $33 shipping 😅
Kinda wish he would say if/when they will be taken off his site or if it's capped at a certain amount. I'm guessing they are pressing to order and will print some extras based on the vague release date. Sucks that international shipping is so high. We're lucky in the US most of the time...was only $12 shipped for me for all three combined.

There's a reason why that VMP tidbit was deleted from Chance's site. They aren't gonna do Acid Rap as ROTM with it available for sale on Chance's site for the first time as well. Most people would have already bought it from Chance's site. It would make zero sense financially for VMP to do that. It will essentially turn them into Newbury Comics v2.0. It's more realistic that they would do these albums as like a pressing of 1500 in a bundle or sold separately like they did with FlyLo on a different color variant with his new record as RHH.

Them expanding to handle production would be a smart move for them business-wise IMO. Extra money coming in and makes it simpler for artists to put their stuff on vinyl with less worries on their side. I also don't really see it as a fuck up on their part...maybe they shouldn't brand it as VMP if members don't have special access to it, but VMP has given artists like Noname and Saba a bunch of copies of their VMP exclusives to sell on their own sites and it has never been a big deal to VMP members.

Who knows, maybe they will also sell these variants on their site, but Chance says these will be sold exclusively through his website. The color variants are awesome on these so at best, I'd think that VMP might do a different color variant for their store. I'm completely guessing though.

I don't blame international people for not jumping on these at all. That shipping is cray. For me, since I'm no longer a VMP member, I grabbed all three and the shipping wasn't bad at all. Still expensive for 3 albums though...
Is it possible he has a new album coming out? That might be the ROTM with the others as exclusives.

Is it possible he has a new album coming out? That might be the ROTM with the others as exclusives.
Yea--that was my thought on another above post. They might do a FlyLo type thing...make Chance's new album the RHH exclusive and then do different limited pressings as a bundle or separates. I just don't see these exact variations being available in the VMP store nor do I see any of them being the ROTM.

I believe his new album is supposed to drop this month. Not sure what the rumored titles are for VMP next month.

Back