Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I saw someone post in another thread that Storf said that Tical was mastered by Kevin Gray. However, he edited it and confirmed that it was just the same as the current master but a different color. He was confused and thought the post was about Jorge Ben.

Lol, that dude still does not understand that digital mastering / file prep for vinyl ≠ lacquer cutting. When he says same master I'm 100% sure he means the label sent VMP the same file they used for the last issue themselves, and that they forwarded that to GZ for a DMM cut.

BTW, was the Jorge Ben cut by KPG? That would be a def keeper for me then. KPG does rock solid work with good high-rez masters

Hey, Hey, Hey! I’m officially back to this forum for good! 🙌😈😜😃🙋‍♂️

My gosh, it’s been so controversial lately with everyone’s feelings towards VMP! More forum friends than ever have been dropping their VMP sub........understandably so, after all the issues they’ve been having with the current exclusives.....

But, I have been overseas for a while now and all I can say is that VMP is on 🔥🔥🔥

All my hip hop addicts need to jump on Lil Kim’s Hardcore! That album is a feel-good, hilarious, filthy, fun album! I just love how the first bars on the album from Lil Kim are “I used to be scared of the dick, now I throw lips to the shit, handle it like a real bitch”. 😂🤣👏

And this album feels relevant because Pusha T heavily sampled the track “Drugs” on his latest album. The beats on Lil Kim’s hardcore are buttery smooth, and have a finesse kick to them. Don’t sleep on this exclusive 🤫🙏🙇‍♂️

And OMG, what a ROTM OutKast and Camp Lo were! Damn, they are both 90’s classics and both had tons of originality. And now we are getting Method Man’s Tical!!!! I love Tical, it really has that “Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)” chlostrophobic aesthetic on some tracks such as “All I Need” and “Biscuits”. I can’t wait to receive Tical! It’s going to definitely be playing loud in the house with other classic 90’s VMP exclusives like Hardcore, Southernplaylastic and Uptown Saturday Night 💃🕺:cool:

The colour pressing for all these recent hip-hop exclusives, including Denzel Curry have been absolutely spot on! :love:👌

I know VMP have been disappointing a lot of people lately, and I haven’t even been home since the first two VMP Anthology vinyl got shipped, but I think their exclusives have been incredible as of lately!

The Hip-Hop ROTM’s since Handsome Boy School Modelling have all been spectacular! 👏😁🌈

Lol, that dude still does not understand that digital mastering / file prep for vinyl ≠ lacquer cutting. When he says same master I'm 100% sure he means the label sent VMP the same file they used for the last issue themselves, and that they forwarded that to GZ for a DMM cut.

BTW, was the Jorge Ben cut by KPG? That would be a def keeper for me then. KPG does rock solid work with good high-rez masters
Based on my fuzzy memory of storf's comment that he edited, he might have said that KG did the digital master and then they sent it to GZ, but who the fuck knows with him. I've never heard of KG doing that. He also was a condescending dick and said "like it says in the article, KG did the remaster" but it doesn't say anything at all about the mastering in the article except that the source was digital.

If someone has a reddit account, feel free to ask for more specifics.

Wasn't this a missed opportunity to choose MM's and Redman's Blackout? Really like that one

No, no, no... it really wasn't...

'Tical' is a certified classic and certainly in the conversation when it comes to top 5 Wu related albums... 'Blackout!' isn't in the same ballpark, league or sport... both are widely available for a reasonable price so arguably neither of them need a repress but if it's going to be one it would be 'Tical' every time...

My gosh, it’s been so controversial lately with everyone’s feelings towards VMP! More forum friends than ever have been dropping their VMP sub........understandably so, after all the issues they’ve been having with the current exclusives.....

But, I have been overseas for a while now and all I can say is that VMP is on 🔥🔥🔥

All my hip hop addicts need to jump on Lil Kim’s Hardcore! That album is a feel-good, hilarious, filthy, fun album! I just love how the first bars on the album from Lil Kim are “I used to be scared of the dick, now I throw lips to the shit, handle it like a real bitch”. 😂🤣👏

And this album feels relevant because Pusha T heavily sampled the track “Drugs” on his latest album. The beats on Lil Kim’s hardcore are buttery smooth, and have a finesse kick to them. Don’t sleep on this exclusive 🤫🙏🙇‍♂️

And OMG, what a ROTM OutKast and Camp Lo were! Damn, they are both 90’s classics and both had tons of originality. And now we are getting Method Man’s Tical!!!! I love Tical, it really has that “Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)” chlostrophobic aesthetic on some tracks such as “All I Need” and “Biscuits”. I can’t wait to receive Tical! It’s going to definitely be playing loud in the house with other classic 90’s VMP exclusives like Hardcore, Southernplaylastic and Uptown Saturday Night 💃🕺:cool:

The colour pressing for all these recent hip-hop exclusives, including Denzel Curry have been absolutely spot on! :love:👌

I know VMP have been disappointing a lot of people lately, and I haven’t even been home since the first two VMP Anthology vinyl got shipped, but I think their exclusives have been incredible as of lately!

The Hip-Hop ROTM’s since Handsome Boy School Modelling have all been spectacular! 👏😁🌈

Ok. After reading this, I want every single VMP record ever made. Welcome back, brother 😁

Mmmmmmm so happy I got Doggystyle from VMP and will be getting Hardcore now! 😏🤭

I just love all these 90’s R&B and Hip-Hop classics VMP have been hitting us with lately. It brings such a huge smile to me and I can’t wait to be with my family and friends and spin those classics! 😇

By the way, I cannot wait for Freddie Gibbs and Madlib’s new album to be officially released super soon!

Welcome-Home.gif

I don't need Tical on vinyl... but am feeling the FOMO - not just with the record but with the RHH sub.
You need Tical on vinyl! If you think Beyoncé has bars on Apeshit, then you’re going to be mind blown with bars Method Man has on Tical! 😂

Bring The Pain is so smooth, fun, old school and the bars on that song are crazy! In a way, that track reminds me of Eric B & Rakim’s Paid in Full, with how the bars stack on to each other and progress.

I can’t even compare Paid in Full aesthetically to any other hip-hop track, so for that reason alone, YOU NEED TICAL!!!

No, no, no... it really wasn't...

'Tical' is a certified classic and certainly in the conversation when it comes to top 5 Wu related albums... 'Blackout!' isn't in the same ballpark, league or sport... both are widely available for a reasonable price so arguably neither of them need a repress but if it's going to be one it would be 'Tical' every time...
Really, your top 5? I'd put at least 2 Ghostface albums ahead of it and they wouldn't even be in my top 3. What are you putting it ahead of? Enter 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx 1 or 2, Supreme Clientele, Return 36 Chambers, Gravediggaz?

Edit: I think it's biggest strength is it's brevity, something that could have strengthened a lot of Wu albums for sure. It just doesn't have many wow moments for me.

Really, your top 5? I'd put at least 2 Ghostface albums ahead of it and they wouldn't even be in my top 3. What are you putting it ahead of? Enter 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx 1 or 2, Supreme Clientele, Return 36 Chambers, Gravediggaz?

Edit: I think it's biggest strength is it's brevity, something that could have strengthened a lot of Wu albums for sure. It just doesn't have many wow moments for me.

36, Supreme Clientele, Tical, Liquid Swords, Only Built. Gravediggaz is not a Wu project, it's a Prince Paul project that RZA happened to be a part of.

Back