Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Yeah, it sounds good enough for me but I think @NathanRicaud might have an issue with the GOD pressing.
Yes, I think the pressing is very average! Whilst it’s not a bad sounding pressing, it’s not that good! It’s not as crisp and the bass doesn’t jump out - it’s more on the quiet side too!

I haven’t played the pressing in at least 15 months! I enjoy just listening to the album in the car! I want a great pressing that will make me want to spin the vinyl on the turntable! I love how great the recent Dr. Dre ‘The Chronic 2001’ pressing sounds! Like that’s an album I’d play in the car too, but not really anymore as the 2019 reissue pressing for the album and instrumentals sound incredible! I love spinning Chronic 2001 so much now! It’s so enjoyable!

I just want that same quality with Hell Hath No Fury! It felt so good upgrading my old The Chronic 2001 pressing to a much better one! Just want to do the same with Hell Hath No Fury! The production on that album is just so stellar!

Your copy's got a lot of sibilance on Side C (i think it was)? I got an OG earlier this year but only sampled a little to hear how it was. I haven't given it a proper spin yet so i'm not sure how widespread it is. It also seemed a little louder compared to most records, almost like a 12 inch maxi single from the 90's.
My copy has got a lot of sibilance on every side. The overall mix is just awful. But there are different promo copies, hope you have a better one if only side C is affected.

But judging from the formulation in the hint "not properly released", I hope we get a proper repress of this D.I.T.C. album. Because although official releases seem to exist, they somehow didn´t make it to record stores because the label stopped their distribution for some reason. Sounds like "not properly released" to me.

Yes, I think the pressing is very average! Whilst it’s not a bad sounding pressing, it’s not that good! It’s not as crisp and the bass doesn’t jump out - it’s more on the quiet side too!

I haven’t played the pressing in at least 15 months! I enjoy just listening to the album in the car! I want a great pressing that will make me want to spin the vinyl on the turntable! I love how great the recent Dr. Dre ‘The Chronic 2001’ pressing sounds! Like that’s an album I’d play in the car too, but not really anymore as the 2019 reissue pressing for the album and instrumentals sound incredible! I love spinning Chronic 2001 so much now! It’s so enjoyable!

I just want that same quality with Hell Hath No Fury! It felt so good upgrading my old The Chronic 2001 pressing to a much better one! Just want to do the same with Hell Hath No Fury! The production on that album is just so stellar!
I agree with you on the quality GOD pressing of Hell Hath No Fury. It sounds very flat and doesn´t do justice to the production of the album. Especially compared to the VMP version of Lord Willin - if they would press Hell Hath No Fury with a similar mastering, that would be great.

I agree with you on the quality GOD pressing of Hell Hath No Fury. It sounds very flat and doesn´t do justice to the production of the album. Especially compared to the VMP version of Lord Willin - if they would press Hell Hath No Fury with a similar mastering, that would be great.
Yeah, the quality of the GetOnDown pressing for Hell Hath No Fury does sound quite flat! The music just doesn’t jump out at all and it definitely doesn’t do the production any justice! 💯

I really want Hell Hath No Fury to get the VMP ROTM treatment! The VMP Lord Willin’ does sound excellent! If we were to get a 2xLP 45RPM pressing of Hell Hath No Fury, like with Lord Willin’, then I’ll be extremely happy! 😃😇😍🙏

I was moving so I finally just got around to listening to OutKast. I got that side D noise
What was the experience w replacements? Good copies out there or all affected?
I got two copies (the first had a big scratch unrelated to the issues everyone is having) and both had no surface noise on Side D. So they do exist. I do wonder if people's turntable setups could exacerbate the problem, which might explain why both of mine sounded fine but others have gone through multiple copies and run in to the problem every single time.

I was really hoping we would have a concrete answer on the ATLiens issue before this months records shipped. Not a dig on VMP at all they’ve been great. This month is massive and if there are issues it’s going be a mess.

First comment I've seen regarding Public Enemy says it's pretty quiet. May take a few days to spin mine but pretty disappointing if true.

First comment I've seen regarding Public Enemy says it's pretty quiet. May take a few days to spin mine but pretty disappointing if true.

Quiet is a good thing though. Quiet means either no surface noise, or it's not compressed to hell, higher dynamic range.

I'm spinning my copy now, no complaints, sounds good to me. Love the tip-on jacket with the spot varnish. The vinyl color is really nice too.

Back